Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

diffuser pebbles vs marbles

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 4Pound20OunceJ, Nov 25, 2010.

1. hey wussup gc,
    im looking to improve my bong with some diffuser pebbles and am trying to decide between diff marbles like these

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/200945525/glass_flat_marble.summ.jpg

or some small river rock pebbles like these (choosing the smaller ones of course)

http://www.bourgetbros.com/site-admin/images_lotus/03112008-1154511_Sonoran Pebbles 12 - 1.jpg

Secondly in regards to the stones, would it make much of a difference if the stones are polished or not? i'm thinking because of the rougher, more porus surfaces of unpolished rocks it'd = better filtration going along with how active carbon filters work.

anybody with experience with the two that can bring me some insight?
    much appreciated!

2. I'd go with the marbles just because they'd be cleaner. Or like aquarium pebbles. :eek:

3. the smaller the better i'd say, but marbles look sweet. and there won't be much of a noticeable if any difference in your hits. But imagine if somehow you smoked through sand or something, thatd be a clean ass hit.
    OR AM I WRONG :eek:

4. yeah, your wrong. smoking through sand and water mixed :confused:

5. so i can throw a grip of these marbles in my bong and it acts a better diffuser or?

6. yes, there are bongs/bubs with marbles permanently sealed in there so they must work.

Attached Files:

7. It increases the bubbles surface area when it comes into contact with the marbles. That in theory it should make a smoother hit.

If you'd actually notice a difference is debatable. But hell, looks cooler anyhow. I say go for it

8. not if they were separated...think about it if the smoke went through all those paths it would be spread much further apart than normal

think of it as a million marbles, then shrink rayed to fit inside a regular bong. 1 million small marbles > 20 regular marbles??

9. yeah but the marbles are in the water. when you mix sand and water, and draw air through it, it turns to mud. you probobly dont want that shit in your bong

10. o my fucking god thats such a highdea hahahahah so i had a few hours to kill and i had some aquarium pebbles laying around. unfortunately they like to dance around when im ripping it with a diff. downstem cus theyre too small.

im thinking of putting a small layer of the aquarium pebbles http://www.purewaterpebbles.com/images/Neon-Red.jpg
    with another layer of some small river rocks to keep a uniform 'earthy' color with the pebbles and my bowl.

i can't wait!! ^.^

11. Hey man my friend uses those little plastic BB's you buy at walmart. They work wonders!!!! And they are relatively cheap.

12. mehhh sounds kinda sketchy, if anything id go stainless steel bb's, i'd imagine airsoft bb's would just dance around when ur ripping it, plus its plastic:poke:

hows ur buddys bong rip with the bbs anyways?

13. I am not sure about the marbles, but diffusers do actually make it quieter.. though slightly restricting the pull. I would suggest making or buying a pebble-diffuser for pretty much the same effect and less risk.

Try to see the attached image below, I hope this would help you.

Attached Files:

14. I know I noticed a difference when trying out a friend's piece with marbles in the water chamber. Really fucking smooth, I tell ya.