Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

diffuser marbles

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by danger_dale, Jan 8, 2010.

1. idk if they work as good as they seem but im thinking of just buying average to smaller size marbles at like a toy store or something and using those instead of buying " STONES". any suggestions or comments welcomed.

2. hey buddy, i was in the same boat as you.
    What I did was went to Michaels arts&crafts and near the plnat section or something there are bags of small round glass beads/marbles, they are pretty small and that is good. Make sure to get clear because at first i got blue colored ones and the color started to flake off when I tried to clean em before using em and they smelled toxic too so that was nasty.

Go and buy a bag or two of clear marbles for like 2 bucks a bag, IMO Roor and Stones are a big rip off.

The only problem with them is that they dont do much if you dont use them right.

Before putting in water, fill with clean beads up to the level you would normally fill water. Then pour in water, but make sure the water level is NOT higher then the marbles!!
    and when you pour in the beads, tilt the bong until its close to being horizontal and pour in slowly so you dont break anything.

3. I've used airsoft BB's and the difference was extremely noticeable. Also make sure you at the marbles first cause the first time I tried it I added my usual amount of water and when I added them, the water rose crazy high

4. Airsoft bbs are either lead(very Bad!) or plastic, in whic case they wont work, plus they are probably more expensive then the glass beads anyway. Just make sure to wash and rinse the beads well before use.

5. Could someone explain the point of all of this to me please.

6. yes. The beads help to add diffusion in the water, this is really good if you dont already have a diffused downstem, and if you do it still helps a LOT. really the only way to make a hit smoother is to add for water filtration/diffusion before it reaches your mouth.
    Do you understand what I mean?

7. [​IMG]

Well, sure! I know what you-are-saying!

• Like Like x 1
  8. haha i was actually just thinking of that. High minds think alike huh?

9. yuppers kinda what i thought, but that makes a lot of sense now.

10. Nah plastic airsoft BBs work, they don't float. Also you can get copper plated BBs but plastic works.

11. i have used marbles as diffusers before and they do a decent job at diffusing the smoke, its something cool to do every now and then

12. Copper, brass, and lead are all dangerous to use if its comiing in contact with hot smoke and something taht goes in your body. It will have a taste too. If your that fucking cheap/lazy you honestly should not be smoking.

13. I used the plastic ones and they did in fact work. I don't know where your getting your info from, but it's obviously wrong. And my friend had them laying around so it didn't cost a thing

14. #14 danger_dale, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
    thanks NYC deisel. yeah i think im not gonna go with the airsoft bbs it just doesnt sound to good to me but yeah i looked at the price for "stones" and it was like 23 bucks so im not gonna go buy some white marbles in a fancy package.

15. your welcome, yea besides the stones are pretty large, smaller beads are better anyway.
    Nevertheless, you cant clean bbs.

16. lol YES YOU CAN!

17. Just like you can clean an acrylic bong right? ha

18. The BB's I used were white. Still are white. I've used them about 4 times so far. I don't see how you can tell me that they aren't clean

19. Cheap BB's cost like $10 for 50,000, I don't know why you'd bother cleaning them

20. im definatly going to try this. i was sceptical bcuz i still dont understand how it difusses the hit but after what you guys said it doesnt matter.

oh and about the bb's i know someone was saying copper,brass bb's are bad but i had zinc bb's im not using them though bcuz they're not bigg enough but would zinc still be bad for you?