diffuser downstem with a perc?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RippedGingi, Nov 6, 2012.

1. so I just got my first new "personal" bong all my others have either been used or half mine half a buddies, and it has a 2 or 3 arm tree perc in it, would having a diffusing downstep or diffuser beads help at all or just be waste because of the perc?

2. diffuser downstem will work, what do you mean, is your downstem not diffused already? and diffuser beads are a waste-.-

3. no i just have a regular down stem with the one big hole, and i know it'll work, i was just wondering if it would help or just be the same because of the perc, ( and to be honest i was just bum some airsoft bbs off my buddy)

4. nah dont use them, especially with a tree perc. But def a diffused downstem. A Alex K showerhead one is like 50

5. haha to be honest the bong is like a little 10" haha it was only $35

6. They're $40

7. To answer, yes, a diffused downstem will mean the smoke will get chopped up that much more in the bottom chamber (as seen by number of bubbles formed) which will give it that much more diffusion, despite whatever other perks may come after wards to further cool/filter the smoke. Enjoy your new personal, its always a nice feeling owning your own glass! :bongin:

8. okay thanks, i wasnt sure if it would do much of a difference, but what size bowl/ashcathers ect.. are more popular, its a 14 on the bong but i might get a 18to14 adapter so if i buy an accessories they'll be more compatible. what do you suggest?

9. Yeah a shower head perk makes a big difference

10. Yeah man spend the money on a nice downstem, it makes a big difference

11. I'd get a 18 to 14 they look better IMO and than a 14mm to 18mm reducer