Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Diffuser Beads vs Airsoft BBs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by General Wiskers, Aug 29, 2012.

1. wondering if either of these are subsequently better then the other, but not just a simple answer like diffuser beads are better. Why are they better? they look the same, what kind of plastic are both made of? i cant image either being unsafe to use because despite being plastic they are not getting heated up, so as far as i know nothing toxic should come of either, also apparently they work better in a straight tube then in others such as a beaker bottom, so is it worth using either of the beads in a beaker or other non-straight tube? would love to hear everyone's input on the matter.

2. #2 smokintoke, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    i just use bbs:wave: same damn thing:cool:

if you have a beaker is your downstem diffused? if so meh i wouldn't worry about it much.... if not load it the fuck up

3. I bought the beads at my lhs and i don't think that are any different than airsoft bbs other than being way more expensive.

4. word, i got a silted downsteam so i guess i dont even need them :bongin:

5. I'd probably use the metal bb's... not the plastic ones.. but thats just me, what do I know

6. fuck it do it anyway but you only need like 1/2 the water:cool:

7. haha that could be good cus i havta dump the water pretty much after ever use anyway, im gona try bbs tomorrow

8. I got some airsoft BB's (combined with my diffused downstem) and the hits are just so much smoother.

9. So i used the bbs this morning, and it does make a difference, the hits are smoother. Here are some pics of how much bbs i used, not sure if i did the right amount but filled it up so that the bottom of the downsteam was covered. The only down side is when dumping the water you need to make sure the bbs dont pour out too, so after searching the kitchen i found this metal tea dipper thing(silver acorn thing in pictures) and it fits over the hole in the tube so i figured i would work fine but the holes are pretty small so it would be slow. After thinking more i realized that not everyone is gonna have one of these tea things so i realized you can simply put holes in a bottle cap to use as a strainer for your bong. hope that's something that could help someone using bbs in their bong :smoke:

Attached Files:

10. What do diffuser beads actually do?

Anyone care to enlighten me?

11. the only thing with metal bbs is i would feel afraid of the possibly that the metal would break the glass, only because it is hundreds of metal balls thrashing around inside glass, which makes me think of that whole thing with the dont throw stones if you live in a glass house or w.e. Ik this can be said about the plastic ones too but i feel safer with the lighter and softer of the materials in my bong. But thats just my opinion i dont know for sure

12. they diffuse the smoke man:cool:

13. Marketting scheme by selling SUPER cheap small amounts of plastic and inflating the cost by like X10

They honestly make NO difference. If you say "ohhh hurf, these beads sure make it smoother!" you're an idiot because there is no difference unless you like your mind getting tricked.

14. looks cool though:laughing: you should do all different colored beads:cool:

15. [quote name='"Gryphonics"']Marketting scheme by selling SUPER cheap small amounts of plastic and inflating the cost by like X10

They honestly make NO difference. If you say "ohhh hurf, these beads sure make it smoother!" you're an idiot because there is no difference unless you like your mind getting tricked.[/quote]

I don't mind spending a few bucks on something that can *potentially* make my hits smoother. If they work, great! in my case they do, and I love them. If they don't work so well, hey; you're only out a few bucks.

16. the balls break up the smoke, making it so much more of the smoke's surface area hits water. This makes the smoke much cooler and the hit wayyyy nicer :) it is a huge difference.

17. Plan on buying some plastic bb's tomorrow, I was gonna try it with my metal ones but I feel like there somehow going to release toxins or break my glass \: