Diffuser Bead Stuck in Tree Perc

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by franklyfresh, Dec 13, 2011.

1. #1 franklyfresh, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    Have a diffuser bead stuck in one of my 8 tree percs. There is no way to use pipe cleaners or paper clips to get it out and I've tried using air pressure for hours. Can't think of anyway to get this thing out.

Would torching the outside of the bong and melting the bead work? Or putting the bong in the oven until the bead melts...?

[​IMG]

2. No, don't do that.

3. Just drop it on the floor. Apparently if it's not made in China you'll be fine :rolleyes:

4. Can you explain why not? I'm really out of ideas. I assume that once the plastic melts it'll adhere to the glass but, won't I be able to loosen the bond with iso/salt + hot water?

5. Just wait, it won't be in there for ever.

My first thought was to use a sonicator, but I keep forgetting that not everyone has access to lab equipment.

6. Pics would help, but if you did melt it, you would need something strong to loosen the bond perhaps acetone or something.

7. I wouldn't mind using acetone to get this bead out. I'll just make sure to clean it thoroughly afterwards. I updated the first post, hope it's clear enough.

8. Acetone is a good idea. That will work over time.

Just leave it soaking...

9. Soak this btch in acetone for a couple weeks and hope the bead comes out? Or melt the bead and then clean out with acetone.

10. Don't melt it. The acetone will eat it.

Have you tried blowing as hard as you can?

11. ^ yeah I have, almost to the point where I fainted. Blowing water through it as well. I've also tried plugging the other trees up with salt/water and hoping pressure would build up on that one tree but no luck.

If I cant this bead out by the end of the week I'll star the acetone soak.

12. You tried filling it up completely with water, and blowing all of it out?

13. Fuckin' anal beads in your tube. I hope you learn your lesson.

14. i wouldnt put it in the oven,going from a hot oven to room temp could crack your bong.
    id just keep trying to blow it out,or ignore it,it got in there,so there is def a way for it to get out,its just a matter of time.

15. To OP did the acetone work to get the beads out?

I'm having the same problem.. Except 4 beads instead of 1. :(

I realize how it happened though. Usually when I pull the slide out to clear the bong I put my thumb over the same hole for a second to kinda "shotgun" all the smoke through the bong but when you do that it makes the diffuser beads jump.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking...

A) Mix some vegetable oil in water to help loosen/lube them out.

B) Using an air mattress pump to try to blow them out.

Whaddya think?

Btw these are the directions for the beads.

1) remove cap
    2) pour beads into main chamber of pipe
    3) add water
    4) enjoy

Sounds pretty damn easy but these should come with a warning label or something.