Diffuser Bead Stuck in Bong (Help!)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mss7422, Nov 4, 2012.

1. My friend got diffuser beads for his bong and had extras and decided to try and put them in mine too. However, my bong is slightly smaller and the bead didn't fit inside the opening. It got stuck right in hole where the downstem goes into the bong. I tried blowing really hard and running it under hot water but I can't seem to get the bead out.

If anyone has any advice on how to get it out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Ha damn that sucks, gonna have to break the plastic bead somehow without breaking the glass.

3. Im confused on how one bead is stuck in the downstem and clogging it?

But whenever i need to get shit unstuck from one of my bongs, i turn the hot water on in my tub. My tubs faucet sprays out water at a pretty good rate of pressure, almost always dislodging whatever it is thats stuck.

Maybe you could do that, or bring it out back and use a spray nozzle on your hose???

4. Not in the downstem bud, in joint hole where the downstem would go. That sucks OP, it's going to broken someone how but good luck.

5. I've never used Diffuser beads so i guess thats why i cant picture the problem here...

Either way though, good luck OP!:wave:

6. use a wire gauge drill bit in the center of the bead and get progressively larger until the bead collapses on itself. ...or heat up the glass real good and ice cube the bead. should give you a few thousandths.

7. Me either but I can picture someone loading them either through the mouthpiece or the downstem joint area (with or without the downstem in place)

8. issue is that the bead is glass not plastic so its stuck so well because its glass on glass. you think that drilling a hole will really work? I dont want to end up breaking the bong

does anyone know if there was something i could soak it in that would somehow dislodge it?

9. Glass stuck on glass can usually only be removed by slow twisting, yours is small so idk if you can get a hold of it to twist.

10. This is when the tube of KY comes into play..If your tube is empty go to your mom's headboard....

11. :laughing:

12. those beads are never made out of any really strong material, either plastic or cheapo glass. if you have a torch and your bong isnt made of cheapo glass, i would just heat the bead until it shatters or melts.

13. I had diffuser beads stuck in the tree perc of one of my pieces. I ended up having to soak it in acetone for 48 hours to get them out. If you do use acetone be careful. The fumes can be dangerous. Also make sure to rinse it thoroughly with hot water before using it.

14. plastic bead? can u melt it?