Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Diffused bubbler?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by just one toke, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Is there such a thing? Would it even do anything?

2. What do you mean lol

3. Yes and it would create more diffusion in the smoke 

4. Like the downstem in a bong can be diffused to make smaller bubbles that filter better are there bubblers that have diffused downstems that filter better in just a bubbler? Because I couldn't find any on grass city...

5. I couldn't find any in the shop so I was wondering maybe there's some reason that a diffuser wouldn't work in a bubbler.

6. You mean like a tree perc and shit right? 

7. uh idk.  I don't know a whole lot about diffusers and percs.  I was talking about how when a downstem normally has one big hole in the water chamber, a diffused downstem has a bunch of small holes that make small bubbles.  Is that wrong? I thought thats what a diffuser was.

8. I think diffusion has to do with all of that. Any slits where the smoke can be diffused more. 

So downstems with slits on them are diffusion, while percs are also diffusion.

So when you get a bubbler with a tree perc it has diffusion in it.

Even my little bubbler I have which only has one tube that goes into the water has four slits in it, so that is diffusion. 

9. oh ok cool. That makes sense. thanks!

10. If you mean by bubbler a small pipe with water filtration, then yes but they are rare. I saw one with a diffussing downstem at my LHS. But I doubt it would be worth another $20 for the little effect. Much better just to buy a small bong that has an inline or something.