Diffrent Grow Systems/Grow Methods

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by josephspare21, May 15, 2012.

1. thx dude :smoke:

2. Should I have a boner right now?? lol, This thread is amazing! Thank you so much for all the info!!!

(~_^)/

3. [quote name='"FecalFingers"']Should I have a boner right now?? lol, This thread is amazing! Thank you so much for all the info!!!

(~_^)/[/quote]

Hahaha boner. Ur a funny guy(no sarcasm)

4. Anyone care to answer my question?

5. Amazing thread. So many methods to try. Many I never heard of before. Thanks for posting.

6. If you are getting 1+ GPW in 10 weeks then you are doing better than anyone else on here I'd say.
    Very few can truthfully say they get 1 GPW and not veg for 2 month and flower for 3.

Best I have done in under 90 days is .7 something GPW.

7. With my latest/next grow I have been thinking for a few days now about doing a 50/50 mix of grodan and clay balls. I normally only do clay balls top and bottom but by doing the mix i expect it to drain more freely. I just figure out if its worth changing my method for the sake of finding out.

8. Good info.

9. I was thinking instead of keeping a mother/s, whats to stop me from this method..

Start with good fem seeds
    Veg to point of topping
    Top and use trimmed tops as clones along with 1 or 2 other lower branches
    Root clones and finish veg on big plants
    Flower 1st set of plants, veg rooted clones
    When harvest time nears repeat process of topping/cloning on 2nd set of plants to make 3rd set (extras allow for any weak plants to be removed)
    Harvest 1st set and begin flower of 2nd set

Seems I could keep my desired number of 6-8 plants in rotation

Am I missing something to keep this from working?
    Has this method been described somewhere in the forum that I have also missed? (I looked all over)

10. there is a method to get a harvest every 2 weeks its in advanced grow section: http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/156593-get-harvest-every-2-weeks.html hope this helps alittle.

11. my thing is that it seems that keeping mothers is just extra work..
    having a mother means you are already doing all the clone work each cycle, but what if something happens to the mother?
    if i were just using clones from plants that are about to be set to bloom, it would be a constant supply of clones (with spares if something bad happens to any plants) without dealing with a mother......i like the overall idea of 1 initial seed purchase in either method.

12. The mother thing will give you lots of clones like for the SOG or planting in the springtime. I do the clone from the flowering plants because of the laws in my state. 5 is a felony, plus I can get all i can smoke from 2 - 4 plants, I don't sell mine.

I'm going to a 2x2x4.5 tent for clone\veg with LED's in it, then move to the flowering tent that is a 5x5x6.5 with 600 watts of HPS. 2 plants in veg and 2 in flower, every 50 to 60 days I'm gonna try and cut.

13. Dig the thread!!! GOOD INFO BIG UPS!

14. Love this thread....gonna look into the plant tissue cultures for the future...hmmmm

15. Here's my recent aquaponics experiment/setup..no fish yet. I'm gonna get like 30 goldfish from work tomorrow to jump start the ammonification. That's lettuce I'm test running. This is so much fun....

Attached Files:

16. very cool dude keep us updated :D

17. Thanks! Will do. This is just a small scale for now to test some different things before I go full force large scale. Picture looks gnarly. I know. Lol.

Attached Files:

18. Great thread!

I would, however, like to ask which hydroponic system(s) are optimal for

1) SOG and also

2) SCROG growing methods.

Thanks