Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Diffrence high now

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 420girl1234, Mar 18, 2019.

1. I have been smoking for about 10 yrs now
    Anyways, nowadays my highs are So introspective. I'm analyzing things to death and paranoid or suspicious. I'm in my 40s and suffer from depression
    I only get the euphoric high that I want about 2 out of 10 times. Is it my age, depression or what? The kind of highs that are the best is where I feel euphoric and feel like at peace. I keep smoking in hope of that kind of high
    Any advice?

2. Sometimes as tolerance builds we lose some of that euphoria that causes all the giggling. If you don't get anxiety attacks try smoking more, notice how your face feels and smoke until it gets kinda numb and starts buzzing. Also smoking just isn't as exciting after you've been doing it for years. Shake things up, try getting high in different places or with different people. Maybe take a few months off?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. I agree with cactus ed. Sounds like you need some time off. I typically go 60-90 days off ever year.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Certain head meds, antipsychotics and antidepressants in particular, effect dopamine and norepinephrine levels. If you are taking a med that blocks a neurotransmitter, you may be asking for problems. Please be honest with your doc. They won't rat you out. See attached article about THC and neurotransmitters.

Effect of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol on the synthesis of dopamine and norepinephrine in mouse brain synaptosomes. - PubMed - NCBI

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thank you. Speaking of doctors not ratting you out,the hospitals are safe to tell too?

6. It's safe to tell hospitals but there may be consequences. They won't call the police of course but if you're going in for surgery and you tell them you smoke they'll probably drug test you to see if there's other drugs besides pot in your system. Which is reasonable. Lots of guys get their surgeries delayed because with drug testing they actually do find other drugs they haven't been told about, mixing surgery drugs with recreational drugs can cause problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Always tell the doctor what medications you've been taking. You want him/her to know.

8. I'm no doctor but to me it sounds more like a psychological thing than tolerance. Even though weed can help with depression it still depends on the mindset you have when you smoke, it's not a magical tool that guarantees to put you in a better mood. A lot of people know the feeling when you've had a bad day, smoke some weed and instantly feel better but sometimes the high just intensifies your bad mood. Also even though your thoughts are random they still have an origin so I'd think sober about what might be going on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. As time passes the ratio of THC to CBD and the other lesser Cannabinoids is changing to become more THC heavy. It does change the way the high affects some people.
    Can try adding some CBD to your THC. It'll soften the ride quite a bit.
    Smelling some freshly ground black pepper can ease the jittery feelings as well.
    I fully disclose to my doctors all my uses. It's all protected information like Lawyer confidentially so far.
    BNW

10. A tolerance break is always good, detox as much as possible for two weeks and the next bowl you smoke will take you to Elon Musks space Tesla

11. I'd highly recommend exercising more frequently if you don't already have a solid schedule in place, it's really helpful both for depression and easing anxiety. I've found anecdotally that exercise can lead to the few bowls or joint later on being more enjoyable but I'm not sure if there's a true correlation there. I also would agree with the other folks above, a tolerance break might help out if it's been a while.