Difficult Bubbled Decision

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Emert426, Mar 6, 2009.

1. #1 Emert426, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    Hey guys, I am fairly new to this neck of the woods but I figured I would post up a question and see what the general opinion is. Been smoking daily for several years now but haven't been using any glass recently due to an obsession with blunts over the last year. After having several of my favorite pieces confiscated by our friendly south Georgia piggies, I am looking to start rebuilding my collection. I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions on this first purchase.

I'm looking to buy a very durable, unique, and fairly high end bubbler. I would prefer another double bubbler but I am fine with singles. This will probably serve as a primary piece until I find a new bong, and will not be traveled with so size is not a big issue. This will be an at home smoking piece, and will be housed on a shelf. I have owned two double bubblers that were handblown by a guy at my old headshop,as well as a few of your typical sherlock standup single chamber bubblers, def. not new to this stuff; really I'm just looking for some input on something different.

I'm looking to spend up to $120.00 U.S., and I am not really looking for anything sidecare, hammer, etc. I want a stand up bubbler.

I was considering the Bushmaster "Mad Professor" as I have read a bit about it here on the forums and it seems to have a pretty good review. But with the money I have, would anyone else reccomend anything different? I'm also worried about the fact that the bushy has been out of stock for a while, as well as the issues with customs. Would you guys reccomend not buying from EDIT if I have to have it shipped to the USA?

I'm also looking for a cool stash jar, something airtight, and kinda unique. I've been looking around but nothing online has caught my eye... The local head shops are crap so I'm reduced to playing guessing games on here. Thanks for the input guys.

*Edit* Title should say "Bubbler". Sorry bought that, just took a few Irish Waterfalls of some new headies... Musta missed the key heh. If this is in the wrong section then Mods please move.

2. Get a fancy heady bubbler, or something diffused with a few chambers. It's hard to say when you don't have anything specific in mind.
    For stash jars, you can either get a mason jar and cover it with stickers or something, or something like a Tightvac(which can dry out your bud if used for long term storage, or a 420 jar, maybe you can still find the limited edition Cannabis Cup jar..prob not but I'm not sure

3. well i've never owned a bubbler, but i used to smoke with a guy who had a nice double that looked like a spoon with a side car, it was really nice because it could slip in your pocket and didnt have anything hanging off like a hammer. if you want something for looks, this is by far the sickest one i've seen.
    [​IMG]

as far as the stash jar goes, i suggest you make your own if you want something unique. i made a pretty sick one, and it feels good when you pull it out to smoke and everyone else is like "damn dude, that's sick"

4. Thanks for all the replies boys... I'm enjoying this shopping spree, but I am having some trouble finding a site that ships within the U.S. borders so I don't have to deal with Customs... I ended up having some trouble receiving a package from EDIT a while back.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good place to buy from online?

I'll do some research into these heady bubblers as I have not had any experience with them yet.

5. U.S. Tubes Great daily driver, great price, and with a 5mm to 9mm selection, I'm sure you can find a size that feels safe and secure as far as breaking goes.

6. I googled US Tubes and can't find any glass. Can you suggest anything more specific as far as sites?

7. Google harder.

8. for a stash jar, i use a pill bottle.

9. my god thats a sick asssssssssssss bubbler but I bet something that unique would be a hassle to clean but wow I wouldnt mind cleaning it if it looks that beautiful.

10. For a bomb stash jar look at 420 jars. I dunno if they have a website but my local shops carry them. I use a water bottle with a teeny tiny bit of water on the bottom. That keeps the buds nice and moist. I've also used glass jars (mason's work best imo). As for bubblers, good choice. I have a double bubbler that broke but I'm going to fix because it is such a nice hit every time.

My local head shops have always been good to me so I don't have any experience with online traders :/. sorry.

11. Dude putting water in your bud will promote the growth of mold in your bud do not put water in on your bud to keep it moist. Just smoke dank bud or fresh bud

12. + rep for giving the right info. moldy bud is possibly a potheads worst nightmare

13. Not if you live in as dry of a place as I do. I don't put the water on the weed, just in the bottle to keep the air humid so it doesn't dry out in 1 - 2 days. I know mold's hard to spot on weed but I have yet to see any on mine. I'll be sure to keep an eye out though.

14. You don't always have to see mold for it to be there, bug if it's an airtight jar then why would you need to make it wet to keep it from drying out.

15. Awesome guys, thanks a lot for all the helpful replies! I am currently using my pill bottles to hold my nugs, but I feel like the bud dries out too quickly since it is not airtight.

I ended up finding a triple bubbler today! It's nice and thick, and has some of my favorite color in it too!

I was thinking filling the back chamber half way up, the second chamber a little less, then the bowl chamber up just above the bottom of the stem. I don't have any experience with three chambered bubs so I guess I'll just play around with the water levels... But if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. that is absolutely gorgeous. never knew they made triple bubblers, i thought it would defeat the purpose of having a bubbler instead of a bong. it's really nice, though

17. Thank you very much! I actually just used her for the first time and wow! It is very comfortable to smoke ot of and fits snugly in my hand. The hit is nice and smooth, by the time it hits your throat all you taste in pure sex, no burning in the back of the throat to cover the taste.

The bowl itself is of medium to large depth for a piece of this size. And the treats I was enjoying held a small cherry pretty well... Overall for $70.00 I'm incredibly happy with this piece. I'll be getting another handheld tomorrow I believe.

I'll be getting a nice little bong for my new house when I move back to the ATL area. Probably a Lux, I'm still deciding though. Bubblers are my favorite though, I'll usually smoke one over a bong anyday.

18. I don't think a lot of people realize how nice bubblers can be. Yours is a beautiful piece. I'm glad you found one that works. Did you go online or find a good head shop?

19. for 70bucks that is one hell of a great buy i hope you enjoy it
    happy tokin

20. I found a great new headshop near my home town. They are RooR dealers as well so they have some very neat stuff!

I found the bong I want there as well. I think $70.00 is a great deal as well... I'm headed to a new place locally here tomorrow, I may grab another interesting piece if I can find something unique!

I'll post it up if I do.