Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Differentiating Indica from Sativa?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Puppy Whirl, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Hey all, I've always wondered about this since I enjoy the Sativa mental high a lot more, but I've smoked both and never bothered to look too closely at the herb until it's too late. I know when they're just plants the Indica is shorter and denser whereas Sativa is the opposite, but I'm curious about when you just have the bud in front of you.

Throwing on some pictures of a year-old stash I just rediscovered I'm gonna heat up in a bit :D It was bomb a year ago, looks like it lost some frosting but hopefully it's still good. I wonder which subspecies it is? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. im not too sure bout the subspecies but the 1st pic in the lower left corner of the jar a piece of bud looks like its got mold on it man. its kinda whiteish. not surte thoe

3. Nah it's not moldy it was stored well. That's actually a vial not a jar, you're seeing through to the other side, through the glass, and to the table. It still smokes well, danker than I thought it would be. :smoke:

I'm really curious about this though, doesn't anybody here know if you can tell the difference in subspecies at the bud level?

4. You can't tell strains from pictures. Really the only way you can tell is by talking to the grower. Or maybe taste, if a strain has a very particular taste.

Good luck.