Different types of drunk.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Lucifer Christ, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Why is it that different types of alcoholic beverages will give you a different drunk feeling? Like, beer, wine, whiskey, tequila, rum, all different drunk feelings. What causes this? I don't drink often, but a friend of mine was explaining this to me, and he couldn't explain what caused it. Alcohol is alcohol, there are no other psychoactive ingredients in these drinks either.

Thoughts?

2. alcohol is alcohol, but the form in which it's bound chemically and unbound by your digestive system could be the cause? different chemicals are released when different compounds are broke down.

3. Eh, I only really get drunk when I drink 80 proofs+, and they all give me a similar high.

4. Who gives a fuck what kind of drunk you are when your drunk.....amirite?

5. When I get drunk off beer, I wanna go out and do stupid shit.

When I get drunk off liquor, I wanna sit at home, smoke a few cigarettes, smoke a bowl or two, and I usually end up pissing myself (no lie).

6. feel you

though eh.. beer turns me into a blithering idiot, vodka makes me sad, whiskey makes me confident.

7. Along with this being true different types of alcohol have different types of hangovers, as I'm sure most of you have noticed.

8. I've only been mildly hungover once:hello:

drinking gatorade after a night of drinking works wonders for rehydration.

9. #9 Nutrition Facts, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    tequila lowers my standards and gets people naked.

also

beer before liquor and you've never been sicker
    liquor before beer and you're in the clear.

funny how that works.

10. Yup, heard this!!

Good or not;)

11. I just get a warm feeling when i drink vodka.
    I get talkative and happy, and excited when I drink beer.
    I get chilled out when i drink Kahlua. (Fuckin love it)
    I mean...idk, i was thinking about this lately too.

12. Interesting, very interesting to hear this. Is the dude in the first post correct in his explanation?

13. liquor = crazy night

beer = drunk but don't act drunk.

14. Tequila, man.. hahahaha. I have my fair share of stories.

15. Beer (well i prefer Cider) - Get drunker and drunker slurring words and struggling to stand up, might puke but ultimately it's not that bad.
    Whisky - I'm passing out at sometime before waking back up and grabbing another drink

16. I drink an awful lot, and like to switch up what I drink a lo too. I've never noticed different types of drunk.

However, I do get different hangovers.

Beer = no hangover
    Liquor = mild headache, short duration
    Wine = medium to strong headache, mild nausea with high doses, and a somewhat long duration