Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Different strains

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by gcftw, May 15, 2012.

1. People say that different strains bring different highs and stuff, but I just don't get it. I've tried mids, kush, white widow, I just don't see a different. The only difference I've noticed is between the k2 insence garbage and any other weed. It's just like weed is weed to me.

2. There is a difference. I've tried a lot of different strains.

3. I believe Kush and White widow are both indica's, so the highs won't be that different. Try a heavy sativa like Jack Herer or Green Crack it's nothing like smoking a kush.

4. It's different when you can go to a collective in a med state. Otherwise, it pretty much becomes about "scoring a bag of weed" where you have no real idea (for the most part) of what you're consuming.

5. Unless you can be absolutely sure of the strain (buyin from a grower or from a medical dispensary) then you dont really know what kind of high to be loooking for, so you just assume that all highs are the same. When you have a heavy indica and a heavy sativa, and you try both at different times theres a noticable difference for sure

6. If you are new to smoking, it may feel as if whatever strain you smoke its all the same. I say that because that's how I felt when I first started smoking. Until about a year or two later, there wasn't a sativa or indica effect for me either, it was all just I got high as the sky. Then as I smoked more and more, I was better able to judge and differentiate between different types of highs and effects of the weed.

7. It's amazing but it's true, each strain has a distinct high, one of the many reasons I love the plant...