Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Different smoking habits of Brits and Americans.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by badman, May 22, 2009.

1. I've noticed, being a Londoner myself, that the vast majority of you all smoke out of bongs or pipes.

I've got myself a very nice bong indeed, but I use it only about once a week. It's kind of a treat. We tend to smoke joints here, bongs hits are a bit less common. Personally I enjoy the ritual of rolling, and passing it around.

Whats the deal then? Do you Americans tend to always go the bong/pipe route?

2. im from canada but both the us and canada have smokers who are bong fanatics. bongs are what most people smoke out of at home. 95+ percent of the time at school/work/outside in public places its joints and blunts. when you're smoking with friends its also always usually joint, blunt.

people just like bong cause it conserves weed, hits are smooth, and alot of smoke at once. i dont see why you brits havent realized bong is more efficent and saves you money/gets you more high per amount. im sure theres brits who like the more conserving method, maybe bongs just havent become the "word around town"

3. I'm from the US, and yeah, it's kind of the other way around. Joints are the treat.. for me, at least.

4. I'm from the US.
    When I'm smoking by myself, I'll use a bong or a pipe (or a vape, if I had one).
    But with friends, it's so much easier to pass around a joint or a blunt.

5. Most people here probably smoke blunts, at least the younger generation of tokers. Bowls might rival the blunt in frequency, then bongs probably finishes after them.

6. I'm Canadian
    I won't smoke bongs, maybe I'll hit a pipe, blunts are okay but harsh, spliffs are best for me!

7. I'm in the U.S. to, most people I know smoke joints. Bongs are still readily available and smoked out of though. Most of the people I know who smoke are a bunch older than me. I just have a metal bowl that I use myself most of the time. I had a bong once. It broke. I read a lot on here about people breaking their expensive bongs. I'm just avoiding the inevitable.

8. I am from the states, will only smoke a J if out at a concert, glass pipes and bongs for me, or a vape of course. IMHO a blunt is for ghetto trash, and a j is just a waste. so much goes up in smoke in the slipstream. i am a bit older 30's but coming up only the people in the projects smoked blunts. good weed needs no paper products, lol

9. I live in colorado and ninety percent of the time it is a glass pipe some times we will pitch on blunts and if at home a bong but pipes seem to be the favorite here

10. I'm from california. Me and all of my friends usually hit pipes. Most of the time we're out and find it easier to just pack a bowl. I love smoking joints though. I just usually don't have a lot of weed and pipes conserve a little better.

11. Im in america and i usually use a bong, its just what i like to do. A lot of people will have different ways of smoking, and im sure people buy bongs in your area, if there are headshops then they sell glass. if nobody was buying them they would all go under(assuming there are stores that sell like that). I think a pipe/pipe is better in the long run. Its pretty rare that i will roll one up. But on the occasion that i crave for a joint its still enjoyable. Seems just the opposite hah:smoking::smoking:

12. I would say that the different ways of smoking vary more by person to person rather than country.

I personally don't have the money to smoke joints all the time.

13. I only see spliffs really, i use my spoon about once/twice a week, the rest of the time its a spliff though.

I'm gonna buy a roor blue next week though when i get paid i think.

14. nah....nothing better than a blunt filled with named dank. Mostly do blunts with people or a bowl by myself.

15. For the most part, the US is full of glass users and Europe is full of paper (joints, spliffs, etc)
    Of course it all overlaps, but still.

16. joints are shit cunt you waste your whole stash and get just as baked as you would if you pulled a billy.

17. /makes no sense.

18. i am a glass guy...not a huge fan of paper. joints burn to damn fast and feels like a waste unless its a joint for only myself...and blunts are a gigantic waste of weed...ill only smoke one if either everyone is throwing down or if i got mids. spliffs are just gross...idk why u would eve wanna ruin the wonderful taste of herb with shitty tobacco...why cant u just wait to smoke a cig after??

I love my glass tho...usually i smoke a bong or a bowl...depends on how many heads there are on it tho...4 or less people=bong...5 or more=bowl

19. 95% of the time i'll roll up a joint

20. Unless I'm hotboxing, pieces over papers any day of the fucking week.