different lights= different leaf collor

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stimpy, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Hello,

I'm new. My friend and I just set up a room with 30 happy clones ready to flower. We have a 1,000 HPS and a 1,000 halide in there.

I'm noticing the plants under the sodium light are yellower in leaf collor. I moved a few over to the halide and they started greening up after a few days. And vice-versa, when I moved one to the sodium they started getting a yelower collor. They don't seem sick, just... different.

Is this bad? Is this wierd?

2. Hiya,

Oh I can see that, but when I look at the yellow plant that has been under the hps and move it to the MH it looks yellower that the ones next to it, that have been under the MH for a while. I mean they don't start to look diferent for several days.

3. i get the yellowing from my new lucagrow hps too.
    In my case it could be the heat its making adding to it, but i still get the feeling the light is staining them a yellow color.

So anyway, i have decent airflow (300+ cfm) in my room too, but i know somone who grew their plants under a 1000w warm halide with no ventilation in a small space (you could feel the heat whoosh as the door opened)and they still looked a healthy green color and grew huge tops but didnt end up with much resin.

I'll be venting my hood as well in the near future so i'll see if the yellow goes away with the heat, but i think your onto something.