Different lighting schedules?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by binonexus, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Alright so i got about 10 grams of seeds for free from my boy who smokes a shitload of schwag and mids.

All the seeds he kept were pretty high quality. Most of them were from this lb he bought of this bomb schwag that i actually bought a couple bags from (don't normally smoke anything but chron). It was very purple-ish and i picked enough orange/brown hairs off of it to make some of the sickest hash i've ever seen.

I have 3 plants right now that i brought in from an outdoor grow and they are currently about 3 weeks into flowering. This will all be "given away" to fund some bigger growing projects.

Setup:

4 6' long Fluoros.. 2 cool 2 warm set on 18/6 cycle (Veg)
    Each plant is in a 5 gallon bucket.

1 400W HPS with a huge ass hood set on 12/12 (Flowering)

Two fans. One blowing and one sucking(I like this fan cuz it's one thing and can do both cuz it's two in one)

Organic soil

Plan:

I'm gonna germinate about 10-15 seeds a week and start whatever seeds germinate well (like 5-8 i expect)
    Every week or two i'm gonna plant these germed seeds. When they're ready i'll move them into the flowering room, this way i can have a constant rotation to save a little space and have a constant income of good buds :)

The Question:
    Has any one had any experience messing with their lighting schedules.. like say for flowering you used an 18/18 schedule? would this do anything? would it be conducive? What about for vegging using a 24/8 cycle? I'd like things to progress quickly and power consumption is not a major concern for me..

2. I remember a few people messing with that years ago back on the OG forums. But they all came to the same concussion. 18/6 veg and 12/12 works best. Some were trying 16/ light 12/ dark for flowering. Try it out and let us know. 12 hours of darkness is needed for flowering. I would 12/12 the plants you have already flowering so not to stress them or send them back into the veg stage. The quickest way to grow you will need some space. How much are you looking to get? With your light set up I would say your best bet would be to grow Hydro. You will save 2-4 weeks. The Flo's you have are enough for 2 Mother plants and many clones. The 400w HPS is enough for 4 Plants to Flower. If you know what your doing and keep the lights close and get the plants about 20"-25" tall (2-3 weeks of veg) and bushy before flowering and give them the best ferts you could get 1/4lb every 2 months.

3. sick.. mostly i've kinda abandoned the idea of cloning. I have a constant free income of seeds that are from my friends favorite mids bags he gets.

I like this because i can constantly be getting different bud.. i like to smoke different buds (jeah?)

I do have a faucet right in my grow room so a hydroponics system wouldn't be **too** hard to set up, the thing is i'm pretty much broke until these buds start coming in, i have shit to pay for and extra money for lots of weed growing devices isn't available.

What's the easiest and cheapest way to make a hydroponics system? I have about 7' (w) x 8' (h) [With shelves that can be taken out or used for whatever] and about 1.5' (d).

I've already seperated the room into two sections for vegging and flowering. The fluoros are doing good and i'm thinking of supplementing those lights with 2 spiral fluros.. is this worth it?

Soon i'd also like to get another 400w HPS light going to speed up / strengthen my flowering process.

Is potted plants a waste of time in a closet like this or should i make a hydroponics system? Does any one have good links to a tutorial?

I read on grandpa's grow guide that you can use a constant light source for vegetative (24/0) is this true? I'm mostly looking for speed here cuz i'm gonna have such a constant rotation on budding

4. oh and by the way the plants that are currently flowering right now look tight as hell.. problem is the leaves are drooping alot.. maybe this is from buds pushing them down? I've got some fat ass super colas where the light is closest but some spots aren't doing so hot..

What could be causing this drooping? I'm setting up a CO2 depositor tomorrow out of 2 2 liter bottles sugar and yeast.. will this help? I am also running to home depot tomorrow to get a thermometer and some different ferts and stuff...

If i'm gonna make a hydroponics system i'd like to make it kind of easy (the spicket close by could be a major contribution?) and as cheap as it can be.

5. I'm buying a new ballast and fixture and bulb from ebay [link]

Should get one with in the week or two. So my 400 i already have, and this 400 in the flowering room should kick alot of ass. I'm thinking of Getting some compact fluros to supplement my 4 big ass fluros already in my veg room.. could i buy something that i could just plug into the wall and not have to hard wire anything?

Things are looking good.. I'm down to just one female plant though but i already have some sprouts coming up and plan on getting more and more into the dirt as things go alone, i think i need to keep buying lights because i have to have everything in dirt and will need my light to cover a large amount of space/plants.. will the lights i already have be sufficient?

Tomorrow's agenda:
    1. go find easy cfl set up at home depot.
    2. make co2 making bottle.
    3. Fix exhaust fan.
    4. buy Filter for exhaust fan.
    5. get my 10 other germinated seeds into dirt.