Different kinds of ducting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jennybunny, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Hey guys just wanted to throw this out there for anyone else wondering the same as well as to be answered for myself of course :)

I have two kinda of ducting, i went to the hydro store one week bought some and then i went back a 1 or 2 later to buy more and they had switched there brand. Now i have the plastic reflective kind and the tinfoil kinda like kind. (not tinfoil tho)

Now im just wondering witch is better? or does it really not matter.

2. It's just ducting, I couldn't imagine one having better results.

3. #3 Grows&Smokes, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
    Doesn't matter at all when it comes down to getting the job done...but when I went to Lowes looking for the plastic kind, the guy at the store said they dont carry it anymore because it's not up to the building codes in my area....safety reasons because of heat and fire potential, I would go with the tinfoil like kind if you are going to use it near a heat source...otherwise doesnt matter

4. I beg to differ. The most efficient duct is one with a smooth lining inside. A lot of the 'Flexible' tubing is not the most ideal since air since it has to overcome all the spiral wiring used in its production. You are best off using 'warm air pipe' that can be purchased at Lowes, they have adjustable elbows, and of course try to keep the ducting as short as possible without too many turns. Air likes to go in the direction of least resistance.

keylime

5. Read the question, asked about the difference between the foil and the plastic, not what is the best ducting you can get.