Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Different between dense and fluffy bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blue23, Nov 4, 2015.

1. I been getting some really fluffy mids. Now my dealer says he has more of a dense bud and that it's more potent then the fluffy stuff. This is kind of a dumb question but i thought fluffy is better than dense. Thank

2. Usually dense nuggets are more indica dominant strains. Fluffier, leafier, lighter more sativa dominant strains. Results may vary, smoke all herb that applies.

[​IMG]

3. You are confusing dense with press, press is garbage but dense nugs are the best [​IMG]

4. Just smoke the shit up fuck what yo dealer say they usually talkin bullshit anyway.
    I've had plenty of fluffy indicas and plenty of dense sativas, it just all depends on the strain and how it was grown.

5. Density doesn't really determine quality. Large, dense nugs are great too ooh and ahh at but when it comes time to smoke it also gets broken up.

6. Well wouldn't dense mean it was grown to its full potential? Not all strains but some. ? Because I've gotten really dank fluffy bud before but all the dense dank I've had, has been better.

7. #7 Gandler, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
    For me, density determines how long my stash lasts. Even though I grind, dense buds tend to be stickier and burn slower in my experience, thus, one bowl of dense will last longer than one bowl of fluff for me. This may just be because with fluffy nugs I take more snaps/load more bowls before it starts to really hit me. I notice very little difference in my vape, and since I tend to smoke until I feel it, I probably waste more weed than I should.

Also, while dense nugs tend to be easier to roll with (as before, in my experience. Your mileage may vary), fluffy stuff will burn more evenly in a joint, but a little quicker.

Fluffy stuff tends to let go of kief a little easier for me, as well. So if you have a 3 piece grinder, you might want to take that into consideration.

8. Usually fluffy buds aren't as ripe or mature as dense nugs. More mature flowers are always more potent and the fluffy flowers are popcorn buds from inside the plant.