Different aged plants? Advice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mrs. Murder, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Ok, so about a week ago, I planted 4 germinated seeds that had sprouted. Two of the plants broke the soil a couple days later, and are growing perfectly. I went in to water this morning, and damn, another plant had sprouted! I am starting to contemplate nutes, but this put a stop on shit. Can I transplant the younger plant already? If I leave it in with the other two, will the nutes burn it b/c it is too young? How do I do this? Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated!! TIA blades!

2. hi, nutes shouldnt really be added untill atleast 2-3 weeks old, do u not have them in their own pots? you need to seperate them into their own pots ASAP(carefully) if they aint already as the roots will grow tangled together and they wont survive, if your short on space/soil etc just start them in those small plastic party/beer cups untill you transplant to large pots

3. Im gonna point two things out to you that you should listen too if u actually want to grow buds and not just have a plant for a month

1. DONT FERTILIZE YOUR PLANTS!!!!! stop doing it. dont think about doing it. forget about fertilizing. Once you have a strong healthy plant that isnt just a little seedling then you can start fertilizing.

let me say it again. YOU DONT NEED TO FERTILIZE YOUR PLANTS UNTIL THEY ARE OLDER. if this is your first grow i will promise you ferts will deal more dmg then help.

2. GET YOUR PLANTS OUTA THE SAME POTS!!! cmon, pots cost like 2 bucks, let alone you can use solo cups for them. just put them in different pots otherwise they WILL DEFINITLY die. i promise that.

so put the plants in diff. pots then wait 3 weeks and give the plants 1/4 of the recommended fert dosage.

GOOD LUCK!

4. ^^ what is up his ass?

To OP: The fact that the plants are one week a part should not matter. As far as nutrients go, wait until they are at least 3 weeks old until you give them their first feeding. Start off at a very low dose to see how they take to it, slowly up the dosage as the weeks progress.

The poster above is right, you do need to move them into separate containers to avoid root entanglement.

-C