Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Differences between the pot of today and yesteryear

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by min7b5, May 8, 2013.

1. Back into daily smoking after taking a few decades off. Nowadays I'm a middle-age man with my medical card living in Portland Oregon. The past two years I've tried probably over hundred strains, from several dispensaries, and great private growers. I'm loving life, and enjoying all the variety.

But my question is, has pot changed a lot since then? Or is it the process? Maybe curing? Back in the 80s, in the Bay Area, there certainly was a lot of crappy Mexican brick weed, but when you could get the good stuff it was bright, lime green skunk with big red or orange hairs. You could smell it from a block away, the smoke was super thick dense, the buds were always super sticky to the touch, often too sticky, and it was just crazy stoney.

Again I'm loving all the pot now, but most of the time seems really dry, almost never sticky. I love all the different flavors, but I haven't tasted too many new strains that were truly strong in flavor. And I've tried many of the "skunks" but they're not nearly as pungent as I recall. Am I just looking back with rose-colored glasses?

2. We have the internet now. Vast amounts of all the information you want right at the click of a button. This has led to massive amounts of growers sharing their techniques with anonymous people all over the world. Which in turn, led to danker weed.

3. Yeah the plant has remained the same.
    It's just that we have become better at cultivating it.

4. I get the stickiest of buds here in Colorado

5. Min I agree. I just started smokin again after 13 years. They might know how to grow better now days, but I'm hard pressed to find some sticky, stinky skunk like back in the day.

6. According to my counselor in my drug classes in school a few years back, the THC level is higher, that's about it. Lol that bitch said so much BS about weed though.

Know weed, know peace. No weed, no peace.

7. I get fresh sticky bud every time I pickup, never an issue. And this is with Arizona mmj. Can't believe that's an issue in Oregon.

8. I've definitely had my fair share of encounters with super sticky super stinky bud, and I'm on the east coast with no medical. Although I will say a lot of the "dank" we've been getting smokes well, and get you really high, but won't stink out a room, and isn't crazy sticky.