Difference in Vapor high

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bongsin, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Can someone please explain as in depth as possible the difference in what a high is like from a vape, specifically MFLB which is what I am considering buying. I understand you get different amounts of cannabinoids but I don't understand what it feels like. is it still intense and you feel fucked up? I like the mind highs where you just feel ripped and blown, with a nice body buzz but overall I want to feel fucked and don't care as much if my legs feel tingly.

2. the difference in the high off of a magic flight is significantly different than the type of experience you sound like you want. The magic flight gives a light, heady high that does not have much of a come down. It's kind of the featherweight of vaporizers, if you want to get significantly blazed you would need something that has a little more power to it. I use an arizer solo which can get me so ripped I pass out, but my magic flight I only really use for a quick hit in a stealthy situation.

3. the problem is I hear this, and also basically the opposite where some people say its amazing and they get super ripped off one trench as they would on a .3 bowl, so idk how to decide which is truer. :smoke:

4. I love vapor highs and smoke highs. With the vapor highs you generally don't feel that stoned couchlock feeling. When I use my DBV I am still fully functional but im still high. Vapor also taste 10000000 times better then smoke lol. But it doesnt compare to a lung full of smoke imo. The first time my friend and I hit my vape, we put .2 in and were both stoned lol.

5. I don't generally get any couch lock feeling, with heavy indicas I may feel lazyish but only if I were to play a sport would I notice that moving isnt fun. I like the "different world" feeling that I usually get. the farther I go into oblivion the better I think a certain type of weed is. that and laughing and thinking of great and hilarious ideas with a warm glow around my body is what I like for a high.

6. It's more of a head high, really. That being said, if you were to vape enough you would get to the same level as smoking. That and higher temps, but it's kinda hard to control the temp you vape at with the MFLB. It's a different high than smoking, for sure, and doesn't make you feel as lethargic as smoking does. When I vape I feel more uplifted so to speak, instead of glued to the couch munching out lol.

7. You like smoking highs, I wouldn't recommend a vape. Here's how I'd describe the two (gone from about 70/30 vape/smoking to 50/50 recently because I love both).

Smoking: No matter what, you start to feel less clear headed, body tingles and extreme relaxation. As you get higher, you become less and less motivated to do shit, want to just sit around and enjoy the couchlock. Your thoughts become cloudier and at it's peak you pretty much keep to your own thoughts, which can get pretty deep. Comedown is much more intense and is great for falling asleep.

Vape: It's hard to describe, I want to say it's a body high, because my thoughts are always very clear when I'm high off a vape, but everyone else calls it a heady high. Your body gets the same nice relaxing tingly feeling, minus the couchlock, and your thoughts are much clearer. Little to no comedown, but the relaxation is still great for falling asleep.

All in all, I'd rather vape if I have to do shit, but if I'm with a few buddies or am just sitting at my PC fooling around on the internet or watching movies I'd rather smoke because the "funniness" of everything kicks in more while smoking.

I prefer vaping before bed because I can fall asleep faster than with a smoking high because it's less intense, and I tend to sleep on my neck awkwardly after smoking for some reason and this sometimes results in awful migraines.

EDIT: Just to specifically address the MFLB, the first few times it'll get you absolutely blasted off even half a bowl if you don't have a high tolerance, but you quickly build up vapor tolerance after about a week of daily use. Nowadays, 1 bowl gets me to a great level for school, work, whatever, and 2 is perfect if I wanna get BLAZED.

I'm ordering an Arizer Solo very soon, from what I hear they get you higher, faster and off less weed.

8. I went from smoking regularly to using the mflb and I loved the switch. It is helpful if you have a somewhat low tolerance because that is how some get absolutely ripped off of it and others with high tolerance may seem to night enjoy it as much. The vape high in my opinion is great. I feel like I'm on top of the world and in general it sky rockets my mood. I would describe the high as a very strong head high with very triply thoughts. You don't get "fucked up" because weed isn't made to fuck you up. After you get the hitting technique down I'm sure you would like the mflb

9. @ bongsin. If you went out and got a MFLB tomorrow and started vaping you would probably be like WTF - this is crap.

However, if you took a 10 day T-break and then hit the MFLB you would probably be like WTF - why's it taken me so long to find this little beauty.

The hardest part about going from smoking to vaping imo is the expectations your body has in receiving the combustion by-products. The T-break will flush a bunch of these out and make you more receptive to the vapor.

10. People swear by the mflb because it does function, doesn't mean in functions particularly well.

You can absolutely get a body high from a vape, but you'll have wayyyyy more control over that with a convection based vape with temp control (neither of which the mflb has).

But, the differences to me is that I have more control with my vape, and the vape is always stronger. I've never felt smoking was a stronger high in any sense of the word. I can set it to a light temp with a sativa, and just have my mind rushing like mad, or a higher temp and easily just pass out.

My friend, a long time bong smoker, came by to try my vape relatively recently. One vaporbong hit off my SSV and he passed out for hours. He said he hadn't felt higher then that in ages.

11. [quote name='"JRRRTokin"']@ bongsin. If you went out and got a MFLB tomorrow and started vaping you would probably be like WTF - this is crap.

However, if you took a 10 day T-break and then hit the MFLB you would probably be like WTF - why's it taken me so long to find this little beauty.

The hardest part about going from smoking to vaping imo is the expectations your body has in receiving the combustion by-products. The T-break will flush a bunch of these out and make you more receptive to the vapor.[/quote]

If that's true how long should I stop smoking beige I use my mflb

12. #12 Bobbert, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
    I have never taken a T-Break in the 9 years I have been smoking. The most I have ever gone without smoking was a 4 day period. If you can't take a T-Break, you should get yourself some extra medicine/flowers. In the beginning you might go through more material then you used to smoke... although this will balance out once you get used to vaporizing. Now I use less medicine/flowers then before when I smoked.

The key is time and determination. Give yourself at least 2-4 weeks to transition to vaporizing.

For the next 2-4 weeks you should ONLY vaporize. You might not feel overly satisfied for the first week. At night if you really need to feel more medicated. you can allow yourself to smoke ONE bowl for the first 4-6 nights. This will help you sleep through the night.

You will notice that over the course of the 2-3 week period you will adjust to the high. In the beginning I felt like it took 15 minutes to feel any effects. Now I can notice the subtle effects the instant I exhale... much like I did when I smoked. Eventually you will transition to the vaporizer high. It does take some time. I noticed after each night I smoked that it tasted worse and worse till the 5th night I just vaporized some Keif and was satisfied. Keif can be another tool to help you enhance the strength of your high with out having to resort to old habits.

I have not smoked in 3 months or so. I don't even have an urge to start back up. The reason I never switched permanently to vaporizing back in 2004-2006 was the lack of technology. I was stuck with the volcano and I don't like bags much. Now that we have the VripTech Heat Wand, The Cloud, The Solo, and lots of other devices that fit in to your smoking ritual it is easier to transition. I can still use my trusty water pipe. but now I just use the vaporizer as the source of heat instead of a flame.

13. That really depends on your tolerance and level of consumption in my opinion. I think a week is about right for any level of smoker - I personally didn't need a t-break when I switched to vaping but have had friends that didn't get into vaping first time around - but did after with a T-break first.

As bobbert says - it takes a couple of weeks to fully adjust and you probably will use a bit more just because it's a new toy - but after that you'll have much greater control over your high and levels of consumption ime.

14. Just to give you an idea of my consumption changes.

Smoking I used 1oz every 8 days or so.
    Vaporizing I am using 1oz every 16 days or so.

When I was transitioning I increased my consumption for the first week and a half. I went though about 2 oz in 9 days. Most of the increase was from the first few days when I was non-stop vaporizing to feel medicated. After the first few days I started to slow my consumption.

15. hm how does vaping effect your tolerance? and the smell is relatively faint, like a fart kinda in comparison? I think I will buy it mainly for the aspect of stealth

16. [quote name='"kyle944811"']It's more of a head high, really. That being said, if you were to vape enough you would get to the same level as smoking. That and higher temps, but it's kinda hard to control the temp you vape at with the MFLB. It's a different high than smoking, for sure, and doesn't make you feel as lethargic as smoking does. When I vape I feel more uplifted so to speak, instead of glued to the couch munching out lol.[/quote]

Def agree with you ^... Uplifted =vape

17. [quote name='"bongsin"']hm how does vaping effect your tolerance? and the smell is relatively faint, like a fart kinda in comparison? I think I will buy it mainly for the aspect of stealth[/quote]

Turn a fan on and pace yourself and the room wont smell much, if at all.

18. if you have never vaped before, you will get blitzed every time. yea until your tolerance builds up

19. OP it sounds like you desire the same kind of effects i do. I had gotten an mflb about a year ago. But i have an addictive personality so for me having a bong around led me to completely forgetting about the mflb and having no desire to use it as it didnt hit me hard with that head cloud that cloaked over me and made me space out. So basically if youre like me you might want to think about it because your investment could end up collecting dust. But im rediscovering mine! Its awesome. But like someone else said. Take a couple days off or whatever and then hit the mflb, and you will be apt to be much less dissapointed and stick with it and build a relationship with it. Because humans have a great ability to become accomidated to anything! If i forced you to eat ants and bugs tooday you wouldnt want to do it but after a month you would be craving juicy worms just because you forgot what tacos tasted like. Same thing with smoking, or anything else in life. Switching to vape is easy

20. Vaping skyrocketed my tolerance, I went from getting stoned off my ass off of splitting a .7 joint with my gf, to smoking .7-.8 by myself and going to school and being absolutely fine. However if I take even one day off I go from needing 2 full trenches to 1 trench just absolutely fucking me up.

As far as smell goes, if you take one long, slow'ish hit and hold so no visible vapor comes out, the smell is almost non-existent and disappears within the minute. If you do what I like to do and microhit (or use something better than an MFLB that constantly produces thick clouds), it's still pretty negligible, but it'll be noticeable for like 3-5 minutes, but if you leave a fan on and just spray like one spray of Axe into it it disappears instantly.

I've been sitting at my PC hitting my vape, had my mom knock, exhaled immediately in the direction of the door (my PC is 2 feet from the door to my room), had her walk in and not smell a thing.