Difference in percs

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Tsieg, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Okay, I'm looking at getting a new bong and I have a few in mind. They all are pretty similar all 21in, beaker bottoms, and multiple percs. The only difference is the type of perc they have... Can anyone tell me what percs are best, easiest to clean and most durable... And of course what will make my toke most enjoyable.

2. What kind of percs do the ones you have in mind have?

3. Ones a double 6 arm tree perc. Ones a triple spiral perc. And the last is a double tower perc

4. All perc works differently one way or another, it all sums up to personal preference. I'd check out showerhead or circ perc that's my favorite one. And if i were you i'd go scientific instead of a beaker if money isn't the issue.

5. Do you have a picture of the tower perc? I'm not sure I know what that is.

I can say that a 6-arm perc would be way better than a spiral perc. Spiral percs are more decorative than high functioning, IMO.

6. Alright I'll have to look into that. Thanks a lot... My biggest worry is how easily the perc will break cuz me and my friends rip my bongs all the time and I clean 2 times a week and this is the first bong I've looked at with multiple percs. So I don't wanna waste my money on a bong when the perc isn't gonna last though cleaning it and always ripping it. Btw I treat all my bongs like their my baby

7. But I don't have a picture of it to show you... It was in the headshop I went to. And I asked about it and the guy called it a tower perc but to me it looked like a mushroom perc

8. You're going to want to focus more on brand/quality than the specific perc style, then.

When you see decorative percs like ones shaped like spirals or mushrooms or skulls or what not, those are generally only on cheap/low-quality pieces. Not to say you couldn't get one and have it last you a long time, but there is definitely a greater chance of it breaking.

9. Okay the other thing is my friend the other day told me about this website called loadedglass.com I don't know about how good the bongs are that they have but they don't look bad... And they seem underpriced and I looked on there and there was this inline bong with and 11 arm tree perc that looks pretty sick. So if you guys could help me out with that I'd be very grateful

10. Ehh, see I guess the issue here is whether you want more percs or more quality.

That bong has a lot of percs... but they look pretty cheap. And for over $150, you could get a bong with maybe just an inline or just a tree perc that is probably much higher quality. :confused_2:

Sharing competitor sites is kind of frowned upon around here, but if you look around, you can definitely find something better than that.

11. If it makes it any better I got my first bong from grasscity but yeah I know what you mean I got some more looking to do before I really pick then... what type of bong do you have and does it have any percs?

12. I don't currently have any percolated bongs. I have a straight Weed Star tube from GC and a couple of Black Leaf bubblers (an inline and an 8-arm).

For the price, my Black Leafs have done me well. There are higher quality brands out there, but they have a higher price as well.

13. Yeah I was looking at getting a weedstar bong they look pretty nice. I'm looking for a new bong cuz my friend broke my 18in straight tubed roor so he payed for it in full and the money is goin for a new multiple perced bong

14. I guess I would say... brands like Weed Star and Black Leaf are obviously going to be lower quality than something like ROOR or Ehle or Toro or what have you. But I think they might often times be better than a no-name piece with cheap percs.

What's your spending limit?

I would worry less about having multiple percs and worry more about getting a bong with even one perc that is higher quality.

If we know what you're looking to spend, we might be able to give you some recommendations.

15. I have $675 that I have no prob spending. I'm looking for a nice perced bong I can get murked off of. since I haven't had a perced bong before it's a kinda key thing to me.

16. You've got $675 to spend?

Good lord, someone in this thread is going to come in here and link you to something damn nice. I won't take that responsibility, but someone will handle it. :p

Don't be looking at cheap no-name pieces with shitty percs for that price. You can do so much better. :D

17. Yeah I hear ya. And I hope someone links something nice I wouldn't mind a roor since mine broke but I'd be up for getting just about anything

18. Here goes...

A Sovereignty Glass Stem-8, retails for $500:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQnIIEPABc]SG Stem/8 Bong Rips - YouTube[/ame]

Stone Glass Works waffle to Luke Wilson 10 arm, retails for $500: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PijE-Oiq3Y]SGW Waffle LW 10 ARM Stacking - YouTube[/ame]

EFS Double gridded donut to gridded circ, somewher around $400 from EFS? Not exactly sure: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lgrwz4QceA]EFS Glass Donut to Showerhead v. Sovereignty Glass Stem-8 w. Carbon Filter v. SG Ash Catcher - YouTube[/ame]

I'm too lazy to look up other stuff but look into toro, 2012 BC, david goldstein, leisure, dirty rico, mobius, syn, and vertigo along with the brands from the videos. There's quite a few more but those are most of the big names in scientific glass.

19. Holy crap those are sick okay I'm gonna have to look it some of those. Thanks that gives me a good idea of what to look for