difference between veg and flower room?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Minimal, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Everybody has a room for veg and a room for flowering it seems. Can anybody enlighten me on what the differences in the rooms and why people have 2 rooms instead of just using one for both veg and flower?

2. Hey, Minimal. I'm a noob to growing personally, but between firsthand accounts and studying literature over the better part of 20-25 years, I can tell you it's a pretty simple answer: environmental conditions.

You set up each chamber to have a light type and lighting schedule to optimize the veracity of the life cycle you are seeking. The specifics on what makes a "flower room" different from a "veg room" beyond that (like temps, style of lighting, nutes, CO2 levels, etc) and the subtle techniques and "tricks" folks use to maximize those conditions vary from grower to grower, but the major difference is the light type (blue and red heavy spectrum) and the schedule (longer blackouts to flower).

I have never grown myself, so, like I said, what specific models, brands, "tricks" and tips work better than others are ideas better left to guys and gals who have raised and smoked their own crops, and there are TONS of cool ones here...

3. as above, your veg room has a blue bulb and the flowering room has a red bulb and their associated equipment...with separate rooms you can be in veg period and flower period at the same times.... my veg room uses a 125 wat cfl and my flowering room uses a 400 watt hps....

4. the flowering room is usually a lot bigger too. usually taller.