Difference between Smoker, Stoner and Pothead?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by The 420 Buddha, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Always felt like they were in different categories...

2. All the same as far as I'm concerned. Not really much of a label guy though. You either get high or you don't.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I don't think they necessarily mean different things across all contexts,
    however,
    when I use them, I'd say that a "smoker" tokes regularly (like, maybe weekly?)
    and a "stoner" is high a lot of / most of the time (like, daily?)
    and a "pothead" is a stoner that lets it get past the point of them being able to handle their shit.

but "pothead" doesn't have to be negative, of course.

idk really, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I consider myself a pot head... up to a half oz a day.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. <------------------- Stoned 24-7-365-50years

Well the last 8 years is medical for pain control but the wicked stone that comes with really high dose edible oil isn't exactly unwelcome. LMAO :)
    Higher then I ever got by smoking. God Bless Edibles.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Haha that's pretty much how I see it.
    Smoker - Will smoke occasionally if offered to them
    Stoner - Will smoke once or twice a day
    Pothead - Is always stoned

That reminds me.... :smoking-bong:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Not really any difference. I mean words only mean what we decide them to. I guess if you enjoy weed or smoke regularly you could be called any of those, mostly if you smoke regularly. Some people kind of use stoner as an adjective to describe the kind of person someone is, like if they're laid back or whatever not just someone who gets high although it's implied that they smoke too but maybe not as much as someone you'd call a stoner solely because of how much weed they smoke. If that makes sense.

And pothead to me just sounds like a word used by the anti drug crowd that thinks weed is some hard drug you inject into you or something lol. But some people use it in a non negative way as a synonym for stoner or whatever too so I think it depends on the context.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I just smoke buds dont label me !!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Flowerhead right here.

10. I find myself somewhere between Stoner & Pothead, I guess I am a Stone-Head......

11. All the same/interchangeable. I feel like fundamentally, those labels really are bullshit in the long run, because like killset said, you either get high or you don't - and I most certainly do get high. So, past that in my humble opinion, it comes down to what label you personally would most like to wear, therefore you create the definition. I myself don't at all mind being called a stoner, or a pot-head, or shit, even a druggie if you will. Really just don't give a fuck. I don't have to justify to a single other person what goes in my system, so words aren't gonna bother me. Someone else's ignorance ain't gonna nullify or negate 10+ years of herb saving my ass in every way.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

12. It's all just a label. I've smoked every day since 24 years ago, but most people would never be the wiser.
    Most people would call me a crazy asshole if I didn't. Just another label, but probably more accurate than the other 3 if i didn't have my herb lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I am at a whole different level. I am the Reeferist.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I’d say a smoker. Looks like ur everyday average person making a living and still smokes weed.

A stoner could or could not have a job but dresses and looks more like a smoker

Pothead...id say more has nothing going on for them in thier life, what $ they do get goes to weed, living at home or on a couch./. Really looks and plays the roll

But really ppl who smoke smoke, it’s just varies between socially, nights and weekends, after work, maybe b4 bed, or could be everyday all day... if u partake u are a smoker the labels come by how u present urself...........And judge mental asshole’s

15. Wasn't there a Twix commercial about this?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lol. I have not seen it. Maybe an unaired one? If u find link to it post it. Would love to see it lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Death drug addict:D