Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Difference between shake and kief

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FreedomIsSmoked, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Are shake and kief basically the same? Like the white crystals at the bottom of the bag?

2. *facepalm*

Shake - The cruddy end bits of a large bag of weed.

Kief - The crystals that contain T.H.C. from a marijuana cannabis plant. Kief or crystals when seperated from the marijuana (leaf, stem, flower buds) resemeble a yellow powder.

(^urban dictionary Lol)

3. Kief is mostly trichomes (they are not crystals, there are no crystals in marijuana, dey be oil mon)

4. Basically shake is whats left in a bag of an eighth+ after all the buds have been smoked. Kief is just thc crystals.

5. Kief: Ripped out of your mind.
    Shake: Shitty buzz.

6. Haha for real? That's a riot.
    Google is the ignorant ones best friend.

Keif rocks, shake don't.

7. shake is the shit thats at the bottom of your dealers garbage bag of bud

8. idk why everyones ripping on shake, i would never straight up buy shake. Buds all the way. but smoking it aint bad at all, especially with a nicce layer of kief on top of it :)

a.k.a: i just smoked a bowl of shake with a nice layer of kief on top....and im feelin nice :smoke:

9. Yea I know right? How can people be so retarded as to say that shake won't get you as high as the bud they came from.

Thats fucking retarded.

If anything shake gets you higher because there is more trichomes in it and you pack fatter bowls because its all powder, also it burns really fast so you can smoke it to your dome faster than regular weed.

10. You got 500 something posts on a marijuana forum and you dunno the fucking difference between shake and keif? lmfao

11. Hehe :)

Shake is basically the end of the bag. I smoke my shake last after all the nugs are gone. Some people break the nugs into shake to skimp and scheme you lol.

Kief- Dank ass goodness. Falls off the buds, the little trichomes (<--- = spell-check lol). If you have a grinder it may have a screen to collect the kief, once you have a little pile then sprinkle it over your kush for great goodness :).

Btw Shake will be like some green while kief will be like powder like sandy maybe. Sprinkle that shit on some green :).

12. Since when does post count correlate to intelligence? Granted this seems like a silly question to many, but we aren't all knowing in every single topic. No need to laugh at someone because they don't know an answer to something and they came here to ask.

13. And some people use "shake' and "keif" interchangeably, its a simple colloquial matter which varies by geographic region on the US.
    There is good shake, such as what ends up in the bottom of a big jar of medicinal product at the end. Why is it good-it has a lot of keif in it:) And there is dried out shake that looks like something you got off the carpet.

14. My dispensary will take the shake from the bottom of their jars, combine it, and sell it for $8 a gram. There is a lot of kief in the shake and it is great stuff to use in vapes.

15. :eek: Stop vaping that and start making some oil with it!!

16. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

Since when does post count correlate to intelligence? Granted this seems like a silly question to many, but we aren't all knowing in every single topic. No need to laugh at someone because they don't know an answer to something and they came here to ask.[/quote]

Lol, it's not even intelligence my dude, even the stupidest stoner would know the difference between keif and shake

17. Lots of my friends call shake kief they really don't know the difference.

18. Ignorance is not stupidity. He is smarter for asking than he would be if he didn't ask and just guessed what it is, inf act people like Socrates would consider him wise for not being blind to his ignorance.

Or we can say hes dumber than the stupidest of stoners. I don't know. I was taught when I was younger that asking questions is never stupid, because we know that humans can't possibly know every single piece of information and we share that limitation, and upon sharing that we should be more sympathetic upon people who are in the same exact boat as us.

But, more and more on these forums, it seems like people would rather berate someone than answer a pretty simple question. I asked about a grading system of weed in canada in a post, and somehow the only answers I was getting was telling me to forget about strain names and rating... Instead of answering the question, people felt it necessary to point out to me that some people lie about strain names/quality. Which is true I guess if you buy from street dealers and not a grower......