Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

difference between sativa and indica

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Just Ordinary, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Honestly, I'd say sativa over indica. Not because of the high, but because of this reason: Every time you smoke a dominantly sativa, it's a good high and worth the money. But everytime you smoke a dominantly indica, it's.... meh. You feel like falling asleep but you can't. You feel like going out but you can't get up. In my experience, the only indicas that are worth it are 90% indica or more. Anything below that is just like... "meh this is some weed i guess."

2. i dont really like indica because if i smoke it not shit is going to get done that day and i like to do stuff during the day like jog and run with my Louie dog (dalmatian named from sublime) i prefersativa because it makes my daily chores and jobs and everything that much more interesting. i dont have a sleeping problem or anything so indica just isn't really for me

3. i think i've been mostly smoking sativa's cuz i would just sit and listen to music and chill out but sativa's sound like a really fun interesting choice that i'll have to give a shot to in the future. sounds like a blast

4. *mostly smoking indicas not sativas

5. ^^ there's an edit button for a reason

6. Sativa contains higher concentrations of THC, the psychedelic component of cannabis that is responsible for the psychological effects of the herb, while Indica has higher levels of other cannabinoids such as cannabinol, cannabidiol, etc. And offers the patient physiological effects like pain relief. These chemicals exist in varying ratios among cannabis flowers and are responsible for the unique highs specific to each strain. Keep in mind that the ratios of chemicals in a bud will vary from plant to plant.

7. I must have smoked hybrids mostly, because I damn sure have never felt energetic from weed. I always feel a nice combo of relaxation, couchlock, and a head high. so hybrids are for me I guess. Some day if I ever find a really nice hookup or grow my own I want to try a pure strain of each. But I think 50/50 or indica dominant is my thing. Especially since sativas are said to make you anxious, which is something I have trouble with.

8. Hybrids! During the day i like a 30/70 indica to sativa, and at night it's reversed.

9. Is there a type that's better for the body? Or is it independent from the smoker's health?

10. well if you have a predisposition to schizophrenia, than indica strains are "better" because they're less likely to bring out the disease. But if you are predisposed you shouldn't even be smoking weed.

11. i know what you mean be l nodding out trying watch tv.. or what about when ur in the middle of a game and you wake up to the game over screen

12. hmmm i gotta try some sativa's

13. well sativa and indica are fucking like hundred of years old words basically sativa is day time bud like "eurpotic" ex. sour d and indica makes u like sleepy ex.purple

14. how do you tell if you bud is indica or sativa.

i heard sativas are a brighter green. with longer buds. indicas are smallish buds but they are fat. indicas i think are a darker green. or purple.

15. I think for the most part color's pretty much irrelevant. Cannabis grows in a wide variety of different colored strains.

Sativa buds generally have the same look as popcorn: fluffy, not as much though, but still you get my point. They also tend to look more sugar coated, as they have more THC. Typically they smell really strong, too.

Indicas are very dense. A little bit of sativa will look like a piece of popcorn, while an indica will look like a paintball. Most indica strains do lean on the darker side, so most of the time you will see traces of purple, blue, or black in indicas. They don't look sugary, and typically don't smell unless you put your nose right up to the bag.

16. anyone upload any pics? would be easier to explain

17. #37 bigdub7487, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    indica - gdp

[​IMG]

sativa - kush
    [​IMG]

18. Google is slowly taking over the world. In 20 years the USA will become the 'United States of Google'. Crazy shit, all proven with science and shit :smoking:lol

19. I prefer indica during the day, sativa at night. More beneficial for me. Indica helps calm my nerves during the day, sativa helps lift my mood at night. Plus I love how sativa can make me zone hard into my thoughts at night.

20. Sativa = high (mind)

Indica = stone (body)

That's how I see it anyway. When I think of high specifically I think of the uplifting head high where you feel like your mind soars. Hence the term high. And then stoned is heavier, like a stone, and is in the body, causing couchlock and pain relief and all that. Obviously there's a bit of both in each