Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Difference between sativa and indica?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SaskKush, Feb 3, 2013.

1. I know that sativa dominant highs give you more of a head high, and are better for during the day, and doing productive things. And indica dominant strains are more of a body high and are better for at night an making you sleepy.

But is there any way to tell if its sativa r indica by how the buds look?

The stuff I have right now is really piney smelling, and when I smoked it my chest and abdomen got hot and numb. My body parts all felt really heavy. Like they were one with the chair, but as soon as I moved them they felt lights as a feather. Any idea if it was sativa or indica?

2. No way to tell by the looks of it just by the buds. Could be a hybrid too

3. sativa has more THC to CBD so it wakes you up and clears your head while giving you a trippy head kinda high

indica has more CBD to THC so it's a heavy foggy feeling body high that makes you wanna eat everything in the fridge :D

4. #4 OGmcgibblets, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
    differentiating by visual is going to be hard, but using smell will help. maybe if you are some weed strain professional. i can narrow or identify some of my favorite strains in buds, but these days usually i know what i am buying so... if you can identify the strain then youll know if its indica or sativa, or both

piney smell is usually kush family...

5. #5 ThatCrash, Feb 3, 2013
    Don't forget that some buds could be hybrids; sativa < indica, sativa > indica, and sativa = indica. These buds can vary in physical characteristics. These guidelines can also help; looking through my notes; sativa buds tend to be less dense, fluffy and very potent! Indica tends to be thick, dense, skunky to sweet aroma; the flavors tend to fruity.

6. #6 OutOnTheTiles, Feb 3, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sativa
    [​IMG]
    Indica
    [​IMG]

7. those are the plant leaves and plant. identifying the buds is a diff game