Difference Between regular and medical marijuana strain?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 40 and buddz, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hey Guys,

Well title says it all.. Can you guys point out the difference between both?

Thanks

2. Nothing really. Different strains are just used to treat various conditions because of their different chemical levels. There is nothing however that makes calling a strain medical mean that it is superior to any other great strain.

3. Cannabis for medical use is usually grown organically without pesticides. "Medical strains" are just very high potency strains.

And incidentally, not all "medical strains" are "kick-ass"! Many of the newer strains are focusing on CBD/ cannabidiol which is nonpsychoactive (NO high). And to answer the inevitable "What's the point of "can't get you high" pot?" noobie question, read this! (It's just a short news article- easy reading! ;) )

Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis (news - 2012)
    Marijuana compound could stop aggressive cancer metastasis - Yahoo! News India

Granny :wave:

4. Was going to say the same as above posters.

Other than sometimes being organic they are the same.

I always get a little miffed when I see a strain supposedly better for one condition and some other that is better for other conditions. Sativa or Indica is really the main difference in highs, otherwise its how it affects you.

5. Hahahah one is sold in a "medical" dispensary, the other is not

That's the only difference

6. No wrong. There are condition dependent weed strains 100% do some research and thou shall be educated.

7. Ok thanks,

was just wondering because i was shopping for seeds (for the first time) in the idea of receive a research and development licence to grow medical marijuana and I found a store in which some seeds were identified medical and some not. Was a bit disappointed because i personally like those kush strain but could not find any identified medical.

Any advice? I live in Canada does any of you now good seeds store?

8. Toronto seed bank in kensington market. Hand 2 hand transaction no mail or waiting. If your in to

9. nothing really, but "medical" strains are usually crossbred for specific traits (high thc or cbd or a combination of both) to effectively treat different conditions (pain, nausea/low appetite, arthritis, etc)