Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Difference between organic/nonorganic?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SaladFingers, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Don't worry I searched and found nothing.

So what exactly is the difference between them? Pretty self explanitory. I've kind of always wondered but not really cared. I want to know now :confused:

2. I believe it's the same as with vegetables and fruit. It indicates whether the stuff was grown with fertilizers and pesticides and other such chemicals

3. Organic grow = organic nutrients (iguana juice, guano, fish emulsion, worm castings, etc.)

Non-Organic = chemical nutrients (mostly amino acid and nitrate based)

I've used both methods and honestly I see no difference if the herb is grown and flushed properly.

4. Wrong steve.

Organically grown weed will have either been grown in soil or in a
    hydroponic setup with hydro-organic nutrients.

Basically anything grown with synthetic nutrients is not technically "organic"

5. Yeah either way you use fertilizer...it's just a question of the source of fertilizer.

6. Exactly, and Rhythm Of Life is right, you are a speed replying this morning!

7. Why yes. Yes I am. :smoking:

8. You must be stoned replying, thats OldSkoolGrower you're talking to :D :smoke:

9. He was referring to how fast I've been replying to threads today :D