Difference between Flowering & Fructification

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Dr_Green, Oct 9, 2010.

1. #1 Dr_Green, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
    Working the plant. This is called plant manipulation and stimulates different reactions within the plant. Always keeping the nutrient recipe at a level of 800 ppm.I use 4 different nutrient product to stimulate my plants.

Theres a liquid formula that is a base nutrient NPK percentage ( 7 - 4 - 11 ) for all the stages and this can be use alone for 4'' vegetation, week C & D.

As soon as the plants are transplanted in 8'' pots I start stimulating the flowering process with 5 days of vegetation (week E) an add a powder nutrient of NPK percentage ( 10 - 30 - 20 ), week E, G & H.

Pre-Flowering is week G & H. This is where I have free space in one of my rooms and start giving my plants a 12h/12h lighting cycle until the actual flowering room is free.

Theres actually 2 stages flowering (week 1, 2, 3, 4) and fructification (week 5, 6, 7, 8).

For the flowering stages its recommended to have a equal part of phosphor / potassium and a low nitrogen level. Something in the vicinity of an NPK percentage ( 3 - 12 - 14.5 ) or in NPK ratio of ( 1 - 4 - 5 ). This is week 1, 2, 3 & 4 and using two powder nutrient of NPK percentage ( 00 - 52 - 34 ) and ( 00 - 00 -50 ).

In the fructification stages, this is where the buds get there mass, its better to have higher dosage of potassium while lowering the needed amount of phosphor and nitrogen! Again in the vicinity of an average NPK percentage ( 3 - 1.5 - 30 ) or in NPK ratio of ( 1 - 0.5 - 10 ) at week 6. This is week 5, 6, 7, & 8 and using mostly one powder nutrient of NPK percentage ( 00 - 00 - 50 ).

7 - 4 - 11 = Liquid Formula

10 - 30 - 20 = Jack's flowering

00 - 52 - 34 = Potassium Monophosphate

00 - 00 - 50 = Potassium Sulfate

The exact dosage per Litre are in my nutrient recipe link. If you don't understand fell free to ask me any question!

2. fructification? lol... I think you've done to much smokification cause you are high...

-Loki

3. seeds are the fruit of the cannabis plant therefore i do not think this terminology is applicable

4. wrong wrong wrong. in elementary school we learned (crudely) that fruits contain seeds inside of them. If you wanted to consider MJ a fruit whatsoever it'd be the buds

but MJ is does not actually produce fruits...just flowers

then again, that's not the point of this thread, either. I'm interested to hear more on theory/science behind what nutes they need at what time...more specific than the typical "N = veg, P=flwoer" lameness often perpetuated on this site

5. #6 clongo, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010

cannabis is an An achene (Greek ἀ, a, priv. + χαίνειν, chainein, to gape;[1] also sometimes referred to as akene and occasionally achenium or achenocarp) is a type of simple dry fruit produced by many species of flowering plants. Achenes are monocarpellate (formed from one carpel) and indehiscent (they do not open at maturity). Achenes contain a single seed that nearly fills the pericarp, but does not adhere to it. In many species, what we think of as the "seed" is actually an achene, a fruit containing the seed. The seed-like appearance arises from the fact that the wall of the seed-vessel hardens and encloses the solitary seed so closely as to seem like an outer coat.

what this means is just use pk boost during the whole phase in a way so as not to burn your plants. both are important in producing accessory fruit i believe.

6. that was uncalled for dude he was just stating facts and yours dont make sense when it comes down to sinsemilla,,, which is in fact seedless marijuana and not a dried up chili pepper, also come on flower/fruit tomato/tamato.

7. its not tomatoes at all. its this guy advising to adapt to the wrong process in the cannabis life cycle. use the nutes he has for the first four weeks of flower for the whole flower process. the seed casings are fruits

peace!

8. So what where saying is that when they sell seedless grapes or seedless watermelon those are not considered as fruits because they have no seeds?

9. #10 clongo, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    those arent achenes, and they have small, edible seeds sometimes but whatever. roses are achenes. buds=flowers seeds=reproductive fruit; hence always follow your flowering nutes (heavy pk in p heavier ratio) the whole way through flower

Some studies have shown that high potassium levels have a negative influence on THC production, which would correlate to the general belief that while hemp crops uptake more potassium than phosphorous, the reverse seems to be true for drug and seed cannabis crops. Perhaps this is another reason why growers flush their systems a week or two before harvest, to not only remove residual nitrogen, but also residual potassium.

10. THC is THC no matter what you feed your plants with. Im talking potassium in a way to grow a bigger mass of the buds. Phosphor is good to activate the budding. Once it's budded you dont need to activate it anymore. This is also why I considerably lower the Nitrogen level in the flowering stage to stop the growth of the plant in height and give it just enough so I can continue flowering with affecting the plant in a lack of Nitrogen. If you would take the time to consider the different steps a plant takes to grow, flower and produces its fruits you would have a better understanding of why and when to use your nutrients!

11. flowers and fruits are different you need alot of k to make healthy seeds, phosphor not needed as much in heavily seeded buds. in ours. p heavier = good.
    hemp grown with high k bc sensimilla is not important so males are kept. they have bigger/more stems and are more valuable as fiber material.