Difference between flowering and vegging

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MndatorySuicide, May 19, 2005.

1. I plan on getting some white widow to grow this summer. I have a few questions regarding flowering. From what I understand from what I've read on this, is that if you put a plant under 12 on/12 off a day then that makes it flower. But since I'm growing outside, I'm not guaranteed that kind of sunlight. So what exactly causes a plant to flower, and is it controllable?

Another question I had was about flouro lighting. A lot of grow guides I've read say to put your plants under flouros inside so it will get a "head-start." Do I need a light in the beginning? Basically I'm asking if germinating a seed and then just planting it out in my spot in the woods will get results.

2. your plant would still flower outdoors, just at the right time.

it would be great to start them indoors to harden them, but if u cant, then you can still just put them outside

hope this helps

3. theres a few things you can do.

if you have them outside in the ground its a little hard but it is possible.

put 4 metal steaks in the ground around it and get a light-proof material and make sure it is covered up at least 12 hours of the day.

if you have them in pots you can bring them inside or in a shed or somewhere where no light leaks.

as long as the plant has at least 12 hours of pure dark it will flower.

if you dont or cant do anything about it them you have to wait until winter or fall...whenever the days get short naturally.

hope this helps

4. Helps a lot. Thanks. Yeah, there's no way in hell I could grow inside at all. No secret spot in my house or anything like that. Here goes nothing.

5. How about just throwing a garbage bag over the plant for the 12 hours when you want it to start flowering? Or is that a too rough?