dieting and the munchies

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bambino404, Apr 26, 2012.

1. So while i was out i started this three day diet and i was exercising every day and in two weeks i lost around 15 pounds i was feeling great but i finally got my hook up and started smoking again and i just cant control the munchies man. SO now im back on it and just smoking enough to get rid of a headache and to fall asleep but it kinda sucks i want to get completely stoned play some video games and still loose weight lol so does anyone know anything that can help? Ive tried to just to be strong but i make excuses or whatever so any tips would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. eat fruits and vegetables for snacks

3. that doesnt seem to take it away

4. what kind of stuff are you trying? stuff like bananas and kiwis are pretty filling I find

5. this is basically it, when im not high haha im fine it doesn't bother me at all but idk when i get the munchies i have to like fill myself..here it is
    The 3 Day Diet Weight Loss Plan Review

6. Chew gum/brush teeth.

7. Eat fruits and vegetables. Eat before you smoke. Cook something healthy before. I just made some very healthy delicious enchiladas. Incorporate a lot of vegetables into your cooking. Choose whole grain chips and salsa over doritos. Stuff like that.

8. Rice and fish man

9. ill definently try some of this i cant believe how i used to eat now that im eating better, when i go back to what i used to eat i feel horrible and for what?

10. Eat healthy snacks.....pistachios, cashews, walnuts, pecans, gram crackers, dried dates, tuna fish sandwiches, PB&J w/ whole wheat bread, fresh fruit is always my favorite....oranges, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and mangoes are in season so they will taste the best....and soon to come my favorite.....all types of melons!!!! Can not wait!!!

11. ya the only thing that sucks is healthy food goes bad haha .. but ya as long as im not smoking im fine so im just going to just smoke enough to take my head aches away and to fall asleep and on my days off i can have a lil bit more fun

12. Healthy food goes bad? There are plenty of healthy foods that can sit for a long time. Gluten free oats, black beans, other lentils...Healthy just doesn't mean veggies/fruits. Low GI = health.

13. I eat healthy granola or trail mix. Delicious, nutritious, and fills you up. Need a big glass of ice water with it though lol

some brands can be bad for you though so read the labels.

14. unless homemade almost all brands have way too much sodium (salt), not to mention added sugars to raisins, granola and other shit in it.

15. I currently have Trader Joe's Go Raw Trek Mix. The granola I have is pretty sugary so I'm sure it's bad for you but I know you can find ones that aren't that bad. I'm not watching my weight right now though. :cool:

Homemade sounds cool though I'd like to try that.

16. Yeah, it's much better for you, and good for a lower GI diet.

17. I have a looonggg answer for you, and a simple answer for you.
    I'll stick with the simple one:

Don't have any unhealthy foods in the house!
    If you don't have them, you can't eat them.

Besides that, just always keep your stomach filled with healthy foods, which have alot of fibers in them and complex carbohydrates so that you arent hungry that fast.

If you really want to be in shape, and you have this addiction for unhealthy foods, you will have to suffer. If it came easy, everyone would be in shape..
    But theyre not, so if its worth having, its worth the suffering.

And when you get to a certain point, you'll get noxcious and get a tooth ache just by thinking about unhealthy shit.

- Ok still a lenghty answer but hey, fuck it ;)

I also recommend watching this short video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKlz7uG2Z_s]Why Diets Don't Work - YouTube[/ame]

18. #18 budsmokn420, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
    Dude that diet sounds terrible. It basically has you starving yourself of nutrients and calories while stringing you out on coffee so you don't collapse and bonk during the day.

All you have to do to lose weight is eat whole foods. Eat LOTS of fruit. Whenever you're hungry just eat fruit. Eat LOTS of vegetables. Have a big salad everyday. Just eat as many fruits and veggies as possible, and anything else you eat keep it unprocessed and high carb, low fat.

And btw diet doesn't burn fat, exercise does so go out and move.

Hope that helps :smoke:

p.s. Keep any food that you cook to a limited serving size. If you have rice, veggies, and chicken...keep it to a reasonable portion size based on calories. However, if you are eating any type of fruit or raw vegetables you can eat literally an unlimited amount until you are satisfied. For example, today for breakfast I had 20oz of green juice, a banana, and about 25 dates then I stopped cause I was full.

Oh and one more thing...never ever ever ever ever eat high heated fats. DO NOT cook with oil or butter. Use water.

19. I made this a few years ago to show my schoolkids WHY junk food makes you fat. I used apples since most kids eat them. (On my home computer, this prints out nice and neat, posting it makes it less neat, but it's still readable. :cool:)

Apple Caloric Equivalency Chart
    (1 apple = 80 calories)​
    1 2.75 ounce bag of Potato chips.................................5 1/2 apples

1 2 ounce (tiny) Snickers Candy bar...........................3 1/2 apples

1 2.5 ounce bag of Oreos bite-sized cookies...............2 apples

1 Twinkie..........................................................about 2 apples

1 Apple Fritter.............................................................3 3/4 apples

1 Pudding cup...............................................................2 apples

2 cups Pop Secret Popcorn............................................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Jello with sugar..................................2 apples

40 ounces (5 cups) of Sugar-free Jello..........................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Fruit Yogurt.............................about 3 apples

10 Wheat Thin Crackers.................................................1 apple

You need to read those nutritional labels! Avoid high fructose corn syrup/corn sugar and anything that has preservatives and artificial colors. Look how much sodium is in it and does it have transfats? How much cholesterol does it have?

Another thing that helps you lose weight is Omega 3 (fish oil, flax seed oil, hemp seed oil).

Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat (article - no date)
    Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils

In addition to helping you lose weight, Omega 3 will also get you higher! :smoke: Seem like your body can't make working CB 1 receptors without Omega 3. It "glues down" the G i/o effector protein which sends "messages" into your cells. That message can be "I feel good today", or "I'm high" or it can be telling a cancer cell to "die now!"! CB 1 receptors in your brain are the ONLY ones that get you high on cannabis. Your bad diet is cutting into your high! :eek:

(NOT A QUICK FIX! It takes at least a month of daily Omega 3 to get an effect.)

Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors (news – 2011)
    [FONT=&quot]Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors[/FONT]

So by watching your diet and taking Omega 3, you will not only get healthier, you will get higher! :smoking:

Granny :wave:

20. The thing with processed foods is this. The makers of the processed foods know you can't freeze fiber, fiber doesn't freeze (if you don't believe me try to freeze an orange). So the processed food makers, make the freeze ready foods by removing all the fibers and leaving the sugars. Glucose is what your body needs (it isn't sweet). Fructose and sucrose are not good for the body, as only the liver can break down fructose. HOWEVER, this is where fiber comes in. In order for the body to process fructose from fruits, you need the fiber as a carrying mechanism. The body copes well with the fibers, but without them turns all that fructose to triglycerides (fats) in the liver.