Diet of Hemp Seed and Yerba Mate

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bahookahjoe18, Aug 3, 2010.

1. For the next two weeks (or so), I'll be on a diet of only hemp seed (great source of vital nutrients) and Yerba Mate to drink (herbal energizer and diet aid.) I'll post my results and progress here.

2. That seems like a REALLY bad idea. I think with all the caffine from the mate and the lack of solid food in your system, you're gonna have stomach aches and irritability. Just eat a bunch of small meals (like 6) every 2 hours or so. This will keep your metabolism going, burning fat and keeping you happy.

Unless then you're really set on this, then I look froward to the results

3. Good luck. Tell us about it afterwards.

4. It's probably going to suck. I'm just curious to see how I'm going to feel during and afterwards, and if the two can keep me going. I'll drink water too, of course. It will probably just be a cup or two of yerba a day. One in the morning to ward off hunger and one in the afternoon to do the same.

Thank ya :)

5. so how is this special diet working for you buddy?

6. Agh. I'm sorry that I forgot to post anything up until now. I can't do the diet yet, due to insufficient funds. The health food story doesn't sell hemp seed in bulk anymore, and $10 for a bag is too steep right now. But I did buy 1 bag of hemp seed, and I've been eating it daily. It's delicious!

7. Thats.... not going to end well. If you're set on doing this don't do it for more than a week MAX. Only eating two things like that, you're deffinately going to run into a nutrient deficiency somewhere...