Diet and Weed.....

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Sean A, Dec 21, 2012.

1. So I decided yesterday that I wanted to drop 20 pounds (180 to 160) by May 1st. I wrote out a goal with how I wanted to do it / what to eat etc., and I started weighing myself (going to do weekly) today.

I was doing good, had eggs for breakfast, a turkey sandwich for lunch, a salad from chipotle for dinner, then I came home, smoked a bowl and ate a whole fucking bag of tortilla chips.... -________-

In order to go on a diet would you quit weed? I really want to lose this weight, I have been saying it for a while and never did anything about it. I did lose 20 pounds about a year ago (was around 165) then I gained it all back.

I don't know if I can control my munchie urges lmao.

2. It's called will power. U can do it and its an excuse if u say otherwise. Perhaps smoke indica to lessen munching desire or find something to do

3. You're right I suppose. Oh well, tomorrows a new day and I usually don't smoke more than 2-3 times a week right now so...that's that.

4. Don't even open the chips, don't buy them don't look at them. When you smoke, drink some water , do not even think about food. Munches are all in your head, after a couple sessions without Eating it will be the norm. Decide before you smoke that you will not eat b

5. munchies = convenience

replace all the shitty food that takes no effort to prepare with stuff like yogurt and fruit.

one thing i discovered is having a salad with a sweet dressing (raspberry hazelnut vinaigrette is my go to right now) with some raisins/craisins on top is an awesome munchie snack that takes even less effort to prepare than a bowl of ice cream.

6. its true, i used to cave to the munchies all the time but lately ive started asking myself "when was the last time i ate, am i really hungry or is it the munchies?" now weed actually helps suppress my appetite.

7. if you cannot control munchies, you are not really serious about your goals. that's the lamest excuse ever.

secondly why do you have torita chips around if you can't control your eating habits? buy some healthy stuff to snack on... like apples. or make yourself a protein shake with banana and almond milk.

8. Bro, there are like 30 bags of chips, that was the healthiest thing lol. I live with my parents.

9. your parents cannot buy you some healthy shit to eat?

10. You will be surprised what fruit tastes like when you are blazed. Theirs these small oranges, called "cuties" when there was nothin to eat and this is all we had I ate one, and the first taste that popped in my head was soda. I shit you not, the orange tasted like a solid ediable orange soda. They are now my favorite snack to eat high.

11. Stop buying junk food! If it is not in the house, it is a lot harder to pig out on it! :cool:

Buy yourself a bag of apples! The print this up and put it on your fridge! (I made this for the kids at my school to educate them. Even the kindergarteners got the idea! :D )

Apple Caloric Equivalency Chart
    (1 apple = 80 calories)​
    1 2.75 ounce bag of Potato chips.................................5 1/2 apples

1 2 ounce (tiny) Snickers Candy bar...........................3 1/2 apples

1 2.5 ounce bag of Oreos bite-sized cookies...............2 apples

1 Twinkie..........................................................about 2 apples

1 Apple Fritter.............................................................3 3/4 apples

1 Pudding cup...............................................................2 apples

2 cups Pop Secret Popcorn............................................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Jello with sugar..................................2 apples

40 ounces (5 cups) of Sugar-free Jello..........................1 apple

8 ounces (1 cup) Fruit Yogurt.............................about 3 apples

10 Wheat Thin Crackers.................................................1 apple

Sorry about it being wobbly- it prints up nice and straight on my printer! :confused:

Omega 3 can also help you lose weight! (also good for your heart and endocannabinoid system- which is what reacts to THC to get you high! :smoking: )

Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat (article - undated)
    Hemp & GLA: Good Fat Burns Bad Fat | Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Foods and Oils

Granny :wave:

12. Worthy goal, You Can Do It.

No sodas though, not even diet. :smoke:

13. #13 BlazeLE, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2012
    fruit is literally natures candy and quickly became my favorite thing to munch on. they're delicious, requires no preparation, and most are juicy which is great for cotton mouth.

14. #15 PhilPhactor16, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    haha poor guy caving into the tortilla chips. I what i would do is request my parents to buy healthier stuff next time they go grocery shopping. Where I started off was not jumping into healthy food right away because I knew I would hate that, so what i did was cut of all heavily processed foods like frozen pizzas, tv dinners, and small snack foods like granola bars or oreos because what i would do is grap a few every few hrs or so HORRBLE habit!!! When i know im gonna smoke before hand i drink a glass of water and make a quick turkey sandwich and i buy fruit that is already cut up and in a bowl and set it aside. So when i lit up and smoke and im feeling the munchies go straight to the food you just prepared with a glass of milk you cannot go wrong. Thats what i do and with healthier food i noticed munchies tend to go away fairly quickly! Also drink another glass of water before ymy high is completely gone.... hopes this helps

15. #16 indic amore, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    you need to train yourself to be alert on when your stomach feels that food is put in it.
    on average it takes 15 minutes to feel a satisfied feeling.
    Try to have a light snack instead of starting on a bag of chips.
    Wait a while after the snack ( apple/bit of non fat yoghurt/seeds/non salted nuts/some cherry tomatoes/raisins)
    smoke a bit of bud AFTER having had that light snack.

Mindfullness, and common sense.
    Know you will feel fresher and happier if your food is high in Prana ( self made- non factory foods).
    Know you dont need a lot to feel satisfied

I like chips, I just take a small bowl of em , and a glass of orange juice when going to sit in front of the tv..instead of having 1 litre of cola and the whole fucking bag..

Be aware you might just need a real meal instead of snacking at times.
    Eat well. your metabolism needs to be in high gear to burn fat.
    This means eating and exercising.

I hated exercise.
    Before i owned a car i used to cycle to my grow op , cycle to my stash connection , cycle to my customers...all in all I cycled between 500 and 800 kilomteres a month.
    This made me get skinny like nothing else

16. There are many diet plan and i think fruits diet plan is must to your health and get healthy life.

17. I can stick to a healthy diet no problem without weed. But when i get the munchies shit is agonizing trying to avoid eating shit. If its hard for you too youre only throwing fuel on the fire by smoking weed.

18. I wouldn't quit. It's very possible to smoke and eat healthy. Instead of grabbing chips next time, just take an apple or something.

19. i dont know about the availability of biologically grown / organic food store in your area.
    theres a few in my town, and i can advise you to visit one too.
    full grain candybars with only cane sugar, gojiberry bars, pure unsweetened chocolate ( takes time to aquire the taste : dont chew, but let it melt on your tongue).

fruitbars, selfmade fruit smoothies ( one banana+ some pure orange juice+ half an apple+ a kiwifruit= heavenly), the sky is the limit.
    Stay away from everything your grandma wouldnt recognise ( including high fructose corn syrups, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colorants, taste+ smell enhancers.
    In short : learn to cook yourself from scratch.
    You will be a mazed how pure food can taste , and how well your body responds to it.
    Even GMO fruits and veggies are healthier than stuffing your face with dead sugars...