Dies of cancer

Discussion in 'General' started by Thenewgrower42, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Today one dudE I know from football died of cancer I didn't even know til I was at school and all these ppl were crying and shit then I found out he died. But so maaaany ppl were crying and I'm like he didn't know all these Ppl y are y'all crying for. It pissesme off on how some ppl didn't ever see him but are bawling there eyes out like it was there dad. I was kinda depressed Cus he went to all our home games and I talked to him before but I didnt cry.idk I felt bad that I didn't cry but I didn't know him that much to cry.what got be to almost cry is with all these ppl crying it made me think of the scene at the hospital when I found out my grandma was dying. Really I made this thread Cus it just gets under my skin how all these ppl cry and half of them don't even know him.

2. Maybe all those people were secretly in love with him from afar? Or maybe they're crying in shock because their youthful illusions of invincibility have been shattered?

3. Go tell that to the north koreans.

4. the shock of someone dying or the empathy they feel for the deceased family could be manifesting in tears

yeah

5. #5 Chrismittty, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
    Ever since i lost my father, death has been an odd subject to me, and it manifests itself in some intense ways...Maybe theres alot of people with underlying issues at your school... :confused_2:

Edit: Any young life lost is pretty sad really.

6. You don't need to know someone to feel emotional about them dying. Not everybody is like you, some people take death seriously. Especially when it's someone their age and goes to their school. You sound pretty stupid/ignorant when you say that it actually gets under your skin when people do that. Are they supposed to dance around his grave and be jolly that he's dead? Ignore it if it really bothers you.

7. I've had a very hard time crying for the past few years (I think some meds I took when I was a teen did it) and death has never been a sensitive subject for me, I've already come to peace with rotting in the ground when my time is up but a week ago when I heard my best friend was going into emergency brain surgery I felt awful, I didn't cry but I couldn't imagine what I'd do if he had died.

8. A young kid dying of cancer is some pretty sad shit if ya ask me

9. i got the impression from his post this wasn't a kid. a football coach or something?

10. Wow kinda nsulting but I see wat y'all mean with empathy and all that I felt it when I heard about it. Maybe some people jut cry alot easier then me. I could of ignored it but ppl kept talking about all the teachers then some of the kids got in arguments about how someone was being disrespectful and yelling and shit. And I'm like can we all just smoke weed and get over it. When death comes to subject for me I think of my grandma we were really close. Today was just a confusing day of mixed feelings wish I had some weed to smoke.

11. Grief is a selfish emotion, though I wouldn't advise telling someone this who's grieving. It can be a form of self-gratification for some people, something they do to make themselves feel better. It's a show, sometimes, especially when they weren't close at all to the person that passed away.

I feel you.

12. Yeah I'm in the same situation.

I'm feel like I'm almost a sociopath when it comes to death.

13. Eh, sounds like a bunch of highschool kids that want attention and feel its necessary to bandwagon death by "acting" sad...
    Not all of them of course, but it isn't unfamiliar to see highschoolers overreact to things like that.

Not saying they're overreacting, but an overly dramatic response from Highschoolers towards death seems more than odd to me

14. Whenever I hear about someone passing away from cancer, it reminds me of the things I saw when my dad passed away from it. Your schoolmates probably felt the same way or they're just caring people.

15. Don't feel too bad OP. That shit happened to a couple kids at my school, car accidents. I felt no emotion whatsoever, even though I knew these people fairly well. (Not close friends, but good acquaintances)...I saw all these people crying, but I felt like they had to be faking it for attention, not this many people could actually give a shit..........I guess I'm a heartless fuck.

16. I barely cry over deaths, even family. If it was family or a close friend, I'd probably cry that day n maybe the day after. Emotions shouldn't be held on to imo, just memories.

But someone I barely know? Good luck getting a tear out of me.

17. Reminds me of when one of the kids in my first period class died from falling threw the roof and then four stories to the ground of a fenced off deteriorating building, I didn't know much about him beside playing a couple years of baseball with him when I was little, but I really had no sympathy for him cause it was his own fault.
    But he was one of those kids that's others in high school didn't even acknowledge that he existed until he died, and seeing so many people that didn't know anything about him pretending like they were his best friends and balling there eyes out, seemed like a plea for attention and just made no sense to me.
    Anyways though everyone deals with death in their own ways and in high school it seems to always be over dramatic as our youth doesn't seem to fully contemplate death until someone of their age group dies.

18. School druggie chick ODed on unmentionables and died. Whole school cried for some reason. It was like the 2nd week of school and she only showed up the first 3 days...when someone first talked about it on facebook everybody was all like, who is she? Next day everyone is red-eyed at school.

19. Welcome to the personality contest that is high school. Look how ______ I am everyone, I'm a great person.