Dieing in 2 weeks into flower HELP..

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tightjim349, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Ok so i got some questions i gof some plants 2
    weeks in flower im using ff happy ffog soil i have 2
    6"0 watt hps lights in a 4 x8 tent. I transplanted
    from 3 gallon to 7/gallon buckets before flowering
    now heres the problems my electricity has been
    shut off for a week and i had no way to supply light
    b cuz its to cold where im at to put them outside,
    second problem is i am seeing gnats in the tent my
    plants are dieing from the bottom up an showing
    lots of signs of nute def and is almost about dead i
    have lots of time imvestes in these any help would
    be great i just got a generator an am running one of
    my lights now to give them some light but my
    bottoms of my plants are basically gone

Heres some pics CAM00481.jpg

Attached Files:

2. are you watering often enough?

looks wilty from underwatering. (from that pictura anyway)

3. Well i stopped watering for a week cuz of the gnats thinking if i dried the shit out pf the soil id kill the larvae an since i had no light the lil water i had last quite some time jus gave them some peroxide today 2

4. Anybody have any suggestions on wat it could be or wat i should do?

5. plain water, get the light to them, ignore the gnats, killing the plants to rid them of gnats is no good.

Dont stress over the bottom of the plant, not much comes from the bottom end anyway.

6. So no nutes jus keep putting plain water? Yea i kno not shit comes from the bottom but it seems like its progressing upwards

7. I know im never using ff happy frog soild again shits garbage lol its ph is super low to start

8. Well, I don't know why you're giving it peroxide unless you have root aphids or root rot...but I would like to see a pic of it upclose...what were your temps like when your power was out? It could be a P lockout causing other nutrients to lock out as well...just a thought... 

9. You can get rid of those gnats by putting a layer of perlite on top of your soil...they like and live in peat and peat moss, and I do have peat in my supersoil, but like I said, I use a layer of perlite and never have a gnat problem...peace...

10. Got down to like 40 the first night then i got a heater an raised the temp bak up, an i heard peroxide kills gnat larvae an also helps ur rots by providing them with extra oxygen i swear its,something to do with the gnats cuz the bottoms were dieing before the lights went out but just got worse also before the lights went out i watered them an seen a little white mite come out the drainage whole so i have no clue if i goy some other bugs to but theres nothing on the plants themselfs

11. More pics but it almost seems like an over watering problem lmao
    CAM00485.jpg CAM00484.jpg

12. Yeah 40 will shock em' but won't do that...lol...
    It looks like bad PH....IMHO...and that WILL cause a lockout...get a digi meter or test strips and check the PH on the water/nutes before you water...get some PH up-down from a pet store, they have it for fish tanks...

13. Well im using tap water that i let stand for 24 hrs i have a ph test kit where i get sum of the water then mix in the solution an look at the color water going is always almost perfect color but i need add a bunch of garden lime wen i transplanted cuz the ph of happy frog starts out at like 5.5

14. wow how much lime...you do know lime is acidic when in too large a quantity right...and I've found it doesn't matter what the PH of the soil is as long as you properly PH your water so the plants can uptake those nutes...If I find some time and if you want it, I will write down my supersoil recipe for you...it has everything you need all the way up to flower and then just start addin' bloom nutes about 2 weeks into flower and you're good...here's what it did for me...
    [​IMG]and this...[​IMG]and this...[​IMG]

15. #15 tightjim349, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    Yea that would be greatly apperciated this happy frog s good wen there little nuttin but problems after that an the plants hate fox farms shitty grow big fert i tries too times an everytime shit started gettin messed up well lime actually raises ur ph of ur soil to 7 but i only used a tablespoon for each gallon of soil an plus i have 4 other plants like 5 weeks into flower an they were doing fine with the lime but then i seen these gnats an this little white bug that kinda looked,like a,mite crawl out wen i watered an then my power got shut off an shit jus got worse ruined my whole crop basically prolly gunna be some garbage wen im done if i can salvage anything but i dont like happy frog period read up on it after i bought it lot of ppl complaining bout the low ph of the soil

16. This is my ones farther in flowering they hsd the same problem with the boffoms dieing and one of those are where i seen that lil bug but ev ever since i let the soil dry like hell an put some light it lolks like there improving again these other 3 that are 2 weeks in not lookin so shabby lol but anyways heres wat i got on my other 4 right now

CAM00487.jpg