Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

dieabetic pot head

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by staybakedd, Jan 7, 2009.

1. i've read a few forums about dieavetics who smoke pot.And i was wondering if its true, that pot help dieabetic ppl control there blood glucose better and all that???

2. I don't see why it would, there is no insulin or sugar in pot to lower or raise your blood sugar. I dont think it would make a difference either way, except possibly getting paranoid about blood sugar levels, especially after munchies.

3. My friend is diabtetic and it really helps him a lot. When he smokes, especially if he eats edibles, it will help his body lower the blood sugar levels. If he does take insulin now it will work much better then before he smoked, if he even has to do insulin at all.

4. I've got some friends that are diabetic and smoke pot on the daily. They do it more recreationally than to help with any of their medical problems, but it has no negative impact on their diabetes.

5. Cannabis can cure diabetes.

Research it.

6. haha yehh, I for one is a fellow dieabetic pot smoker :wave:.
    After every smoke it feels like i have better control over my diabetise, but i can be wrong.

7. You are not wrong. Certain types of Cannabis regulates the glucose leves in your blood, alleviating your diabetes.

If you eat high potency cannabis oil, it will restore itself completely.

Rick Simpson, the famous Canadian cannabis doctor, who also found a cure for cancer in cannabis, proved this.

Again, research if you are skeptical.

8. are you seriousss????:eek:
    that will be soooo sickkkkkkkkkkkkk:hello:,do u noe which strain of cannibuss is it?:eek:

9. Any good strain of pure Indica should do it. Of course, needless to say, you need to able to grow high quality bud and you need to be able to make proper oil like he does in the video. Check out Rick Simpsons site for more information, or even better, watch the entire movie he made:

http://www.phoenixtears.ca/

http://www.phoenixtearsmovie.com/

10. thx for the info:)

11. No problem, i hope you find a "green" solution to your disease. :smoke:

12. I think we should start a club of diabetic stoners...Anyway, I am also one. I have been toking up for about 6 years, so I shall talk from my experience.

I've found that it hasn't lowered or raised my blood sugar in anyway, however, it often can simulate symptoms of a hypo. I'm not dissing anyone's posts but I have not yet been cured from any bud...

The other thing I will say is that if you smoke a fair amount and get the munchies and start fiending on cakes and brownies etc then do insulin!! And if your on a regime insulin like Glargyne then try and do it before you go flying (from experience I've sometimes forgot to do it and paid the price with some high readings). I tend to lay all my kit out (insulins/glucose metre/dextro/snacks/needles) before a heavy session so I don't have to go missioning for my bits and pieces.

Anyway, I hope this has helped some people, if it hasn't then I'm sorry for rambling. If any diabetics have had any experience with shrooms then please post as I havn't tried for unknown complications.
    :D

13. Ok so it's oil he's saying and not toking up...still it's a large investment that is likely to get me busted. It's a shame...does anybody in the UK know how to get a medical marijuana certificate or who I would speak to.

I've heard of somebody else (going slightly off topic) that has had a cure but Novonordis (the main insulin company) had him shut down, so perhaps this is why it's not been heard before. I need a medi certificate so I can get a badass setup.

14. I am ashamed to say that Novo Nordisk is Danish.

They are fascists, and don't use their meds, i promise you, if you contact Rick Simpson, he can explain to you how to cure yourself.

Otherwise if you need oil, go to Amsterdam.

You can get it there.

15. i've had high reading while im toastedddd, and i basicly felt rely sleeepyyyyyy and like shit when the high runs offffff:mad:

16. My brother-in-law is a diabetic and he smokes pot all the time. I don't think it helps his blood sugar; nor do I think it adversely affects it. But it (pot) probably does help somehow.

17. It's important to understand that smoking cannabis mostly have psychic effects, not body wise.

Ingesting it as an oil, or applying it topically (as a cream on your skin), helps the body much more.

Also, if you smoke hybrid strains or Sativas, the effect is also not as evident in diabetes patients, since the Sativa is a cerebral strain, while Indica is a body strain.

18. i need to find that oil!!!!:devious:....if i make it, i mite just create an atOmicc bombbbbb:eek:

19. Diabetic toker here (Crohn's disease too.)

I think one thing we need to clarify from the get-go is the TYPE of diabetes we are referring to. I have Type I (juvenile) diabetes and control it using an insulin pump.

I think the claims of it "curing" diabetes are referring to adult-onset/Type II diabetes. If your body is incapable of producing insulin (Type I) then there is nothing but insulin that is going to lower your sugars at that point. ;)

As to my blood sugars, personally, I have not seen any adverse effect whatsoever when smoking cannabis. I am very vigilant in testing my sugars and they don't tend to go up after a toke session. I try to eat healthy meals and foods, and I find that I don't have uncontrollable munchies as a result. Most often, I'll smoke after dinner and then I'll have a healthy snack before bed like a bowl of cereal or toast with P.B. Alcohol is not an option for me, so I enjoy cannabis very much.

There was a time when I was younger that I was not as vigilant with my Diabetes control. I drank in combo with weed and had lots of "munchies" after smoking. I had PLENTY of high bloodsugars back then (pre-insulin pump as well.) I think if you didn't have your diabetes in control that smoking weed might not be helpful exactly in getting things on track. But if its in check, I can't see why it shouldn't be enjoyed.

My only concerns lie with the constriction of blood vessels like cigarette smoking. Has anyone come across any info on this? I haven't had any luck. Although the amount of plant material ingested with MJ consumption is so low compared to a cigarette, I'm not sure the two can really be compared? I might take two or three hits on my bong and the amount of weed is so small.

Great thread! Glad to see some friends in here with similar experiences! :hello:

20. I can not refuse that the case we are talking about is type II Diabetes. But Cannabis has been proved to be able to restore dead or inactive body functions/cells/tissue, both in cases of cancer, arthritis, diabetes and many other diseases.

But i am none the less glad to know that you enjoy smoking cannabis, when you cannot allow yourself to drink.

One advice though: if you haven't tried the Cannabis Indica oil method, try it, because it might help you out alot.