Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Didn't decarb my weed before infusing with butter.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tomrex, Feb 18, 2019.

1. My question is, if I use non-decarbed infused butter, will the decarb process still occur in the oven If i use the butter to make brownies?

2. Nope.
    Once submerged in oil Cannabis doesn't decarb worth a damn. Made that mistake enough times before I stopped screwing up.
    Can try cooking the butter for an hour at a low simmer before making the brownies but it usually isn't half as potent as it would have been if you'd done an proper open air decarb at 240 F for 40 minutes.

BNW

3. Would you recommend the same 240 temp for simmering the oil for an hour?

4. Yes.
    It's a crap shoot with butter as it's easy to burn. Cooking oils are a bit more forgiving in that regard. A candy thermometer would be my best advice.
    upload_2019-2-18_9-15-17.jpeg
    Without lab access and real testing all I can go off is how it did or didn't work for me. I did a fair bit of experimenting when I was playing with times and temps and I soon leaned the longer I cooked the less Upbeat my oil was. Really long cooks were great for sleep but bad for daytime use.
    We tried working with raw kief to see if we could skip that decarb step in my efforts to trim steps and time. I was looking for the hardest hitting with the fewest steps and time expended.

Same with decarb. I knew Psam was using 240-40 and I'd zeroed on that myself about the same time as I found his thread. Good old empirical testing.

It's not just the decarb, It also dries the material and the drier the better. Why I open decarb having stopped covering or wrapping in foil.
    The wetter your Cannabis is the less effective your extraction is it seems. Just read a couple of pages on extractors talking about dehydrating before decarbing to raise efficiency. Getting more concentrate of higher quality by adding a step.
    Not to dry. LOL and not to wet.
    BNW

BNW

• Like Like x 1