Did you know the English flooded a Welsh village to give water to a English city?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZioKyo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. This is the point I made above. This is not the USA - it happens everywhere, has since forever and will continue to happen everywhere forever.

J

2. I'm Welsh (and Irish) and I certainly don't bow down to the crown.

Although, I guess I'm not true Welsh in a sense since I've never been there, will probably never go there, and more importantly didn't grow up there.

3. I said us and others. And since we call ourselves "the leaders of the free world", we should set an example of what is acceptable.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. There is no getting around this (eminent domain) in a constantly growing and changing world. Nobody likes it but it will continue to happen.

J

5. That's the Irish in you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Actually our greatest ability we have is to vote with our dollar. The best way to protest injustice is to not buy into it. If people refused to financially support things that affect other peoples livelihood and way of life, you would see change.

But I guess rolling over and saying there is nothing we can do is a valid option for some people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Please explain what you’re going to do when the major highway bypass is scheduled to come through your neighbors backyard -

Or what you’re gonna do about the homes you mentioned being demolished to make way for the Olympics in Brazil?

Edit: Better yet - what HAVE you done in the past to stop eminent domain?

If people refused to financially support things that affect other peoples livelihood and way of life,”

Will you stop paying your taxes?

J

8. I dont know what to do about eminent domain and I've never been effected by it personally. But that doesnt mean I'd do nothing. If a highway was going through my neighbor's back yard, I would do whatever I could to help. Would it be enough? Probably not but I wouldn't tuck my head in the sand, that is for sure.

When it came to the Rio games, there was nothing I personally could do to stop it but that doesnt stop my heart breaking for these people. Just as it does for all sorts of people and situations.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." -MLK

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Stop paying taxes.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I'm some dirty mix of Irish/English on the one side and Austro-Hungarian and Russian on the other. I guess I nominally bow to the British crown since the Queen of England is technically my monarch. I'm more fans of the Welsh though, they invented the longbow that the English so readily adopted after being wrecked with it.

I don't fuck sheep though I swear, don't believe those stories

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh behave. The Welsh could no longer care, the same as lake vyrnwy what actually brings money to the local area.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #73 Twistedd, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Probably. Between my Irish ancestry and my American upbringing, I have a healthy distrust of the English. It explains a lot actually. I don't hate the English by any means, but I remain skeptical of them.

It's weird how we went from fighting them for our independence to them being one of our closest allies. At one point England was the world superpower and now it's America. History is funny.

Besides, I essentially view the 4th of July as "Fuck England Day."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. I dont feel that at all. I think the entire world is fucked up and lots of counties and people are to blame.

The only thing that annoys me when people talk shit about Americans, is no one takes into account how young the country is. When you look at the history of the counties judging, their past isn't actually paved in innocence. People also fail to think about the nations that settled America. No matter how much they wanted to escape their homeland, they brought their behavior with them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The 4th of July will never be the same for me again, I never thought of it like that - Fuck England Day!

Next 4th of July I'll be partying like it's Paddy's Day.
    :jump:

• Winner Winner x 1