Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did you get high the first time you used weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Didactylos, Jan 26, 2020.

1. I tried weed three times before I got high for the first time. I thought that was pretty unusual, but I read on some website today that (according to anecdotal evidence at least) as much as 40% of people who tried weed for the first time didn't get high from it.

Did you get high the first time you tried weed?

2. I was a cigarette smoker so I got high ad hell. I never saw what the bud looked like but I'm sure it was brick weed. 1970 was a good year. Learned a lot about weed. Anyone remember shot gunning. Also found out that year my mother grew inside a big bed of tomatoes

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I remember shotgunning, yeah. And smoking using a gas mask. Hot boxing (Basically, putting a box over your head and having someone shotgun the box full of smoke) always struck me as damn silly and ineffective -- all it did was make you reek like weed and make your eyes red as hell, but it didn't get you high for shit. lol

4. Love that profile pic. I remember that sign!

5. I was so drunk that i really do not know.

6. My first time smoking I was in high school, the weekend before final exams. One of my best friends out of the blue asked if I wanted to try it, and of course I did. So we went to his dads house (an old farmhouse) and he got his pipe. His pipe was a socket attached to a fuel line, but it worked well enough once I figured out how to hit it.

After a few tokes he asks if I can feel it but I can't, so we go inside and watch a movie. About 10-15 minutes into the movie all of the sudden my vision became this wave of focus, that slowly homed in on the television. I found this hilarious and started laughing, as everything became more colorful.

My first question was "Why is this illegal?" as I resumed laughing.

So yeah, I got ripped my first time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LOL. The first time I got high -- which was the third time I tried -- I was so stoned I couldn't talk. So of course, the first person I had to talk to is my mom who happens to see me walking down the street as she's coming home from work, and offers me a ride home. (She asked questions. I mumbled and nodded, giggled inanely and probably drooled too... I was that high.)

Years later when I asked her if she knew I was high that day, she was shocked! My parents went to their graves convinced marijuana was equivalent to heroin -- which is pretty weird, considering they spent the last thirty years of their lives living in the Emerald Triangle surrounded by people who either grew, or leased their lands to people who did, and both of them in every other way leaned hard left. Go figure.