Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did you ever argue against marijuana

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alex1646, Nov 21, 2011.

1. [quote name='"Alex1646"']Before I started learning about marijuana, I was extremely anti-marijuana. Haha, would have never expected that I would be smoking regularly.

But anyways, generally, in my arguments, I had four "points"
    -Causes cancer.
    -Makes you do stupid stuff.
    -Addictive
    -Illegal drugs are illegal for a reason.

I also used to strongly condemn friends for smoking weed.

Oh the irony.[/quote]

Lol.

Never disliked pot my uncle smoked all the time so I saw first hand it wasn't so bad

2. [quote name='"We Have Liftoff"']As part of my punishment for being caught w/ weed, I have to write a 5 page reflective essay on "Why marijuana is a dangerous drug that can ruin your future". I'm having difficulties finding stats on the dangers of weed...above the influence might help me out there[/quote]

Write it on why marijuana is a safe drug that can enrich your life and future health.

3. Oh ya I was. I just recently started smoking and before then I was way WAY against it. I even lost friends over it. I have always been the type of person to listen to what I was told. My parent are very laid back and use to smoke back in the day. But they told me not to, so I didn't. Simple as that, and I had the mentality that its illegal for a reason. Been married 3 yeas now and my wifes smoked before but not since we've been married, and I told her last year I was sick of everything I wanted or wanted to do was either dangerous or not worth it or whatever. So I smoked a cigarette for the first time (not for me), smoked some weed a week later with my wife... and have been smoking casually for about a month, month and a half, and will probably continue to do so.

4. started smoking and eating a few years ago, before that I changed my mind about 5 years ago when having an argument with my stoned brother. While having a few brews, I said I dont do drugs, he turned around dead serious and looked me straight in the eye and just said alcohol is a drug. Walked off.
    My mind, it was never the same.

5. i wasn't ever against it, just didn't try it till i was around 15.
    there was a drug bust at my school and my parents just told me, when i try it be sensible and dont ever do anything incredibly stupid.

6. At first I thought it was a scary but now I love it.

7. Maybe, when I was 5 years old.

I still agree that it causes unnecessary damage to your lungs, it affects your short-term memory, and it is mentally addictive (but so is caffeine, masturbating, and pretty much anything).

8. #28 kentana, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    Never really against it because I thought it made you lazyor anything, maybe abit when i was like 8 but yea, it was more of a legal issue. I didnt want to grt invloved with it because it was illegal and no one wants trouble with police and shit. But now im older and realize where i live cops are slack about it and im smart enough to hide it

9. It was more fear than anything, in D.A.R.E classes they would enforce anti-drug material with such an iron fist that questions for the sake of curiosity were discouraged. Even through the propaganda I always thought of marijuana as the 'most mild' among illegal drugs, at one point, I even put it before tobacco due to lack of evidence for the alleged harmful affects of smoking marijuana.

10. #30 [0[eagjo, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    The way I view life is so radically different now than it was even a year ago that I occasionally can make my self cry thinking about the past. It's not baggage really, its just when you spend your entire life think one way it can be troubling to change. Not personality-wise or morality, but how the world is. ...I guess.

Imagine wanting to become a catholic priest; view of the world it takes to almost fall through on that, and then 2 months later you're smoking pot and slipping away from everything you held as truth. your senior year in HS when you're supposed to have all this shit found out O_O

11. I've never really been against it, but I do remember all the anti drug speeches, and videos from my old health classes. They never made sense, it was just a bunch of people smoking weed and like jumping out of windows.