Did we really land on the moon?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by David5534, May 4, 2010.

1. I've seen a lot of videos about the moon landing being fake but this one in particular (Did we land on the moon) brought up a few points that i haven't seen in other videos. For example how did the astronauts live through the van allen radiation belt? Especially while the largest solar storm of the 20th century was occurring? And why was there no blast crater under the lunar lander and even if it wasn't hot enough to leave burns or any type of crater why was there no dust on the lander itself? If you haven't seen the video i highly recommend you check it out and try to answer some of these question.

2. I saw the video about the moon landing being faked, and there are reasonable explanations for all the silly things they bring up. There is radiation out there, and it comes from the sun and these radiation storms can be montiored. They wouldn't send the astronauts through intense radiation. Another thing they brought up was the 'flapping' of the Us flag. It wasn't flapping, it was moving around like a flag would in a vaccum.

3. #3 David5534, May 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2010
    The Apollo missions were the only maned space missions to fly right through the van allen radiation belt and the amount of radiation in the belt normally is enough to easily kill a person but when there is a solar storm this radiation is amplified 100s to 1000s of times so unless they had 6 feet of lead shielding they would have all died or been rendered deathly ill. Also like i said in my first post this video brings up a lot of really good points i've never seen in other videos and if you haven't seen watch it, its only 40 minutes and if you want a better quality version i can pm you the link(s).

Edit: benthamj49, i'm not claiming anything is true one way or the other, i just want the people of the city to watch this video/use prior info and post here about why or why not they think it we made it to the moon. I would also like to hear your opinions/facts on the subject.

4. Def real. Do you know how many people theyd have to pay off to keep their mouth shut. Even 40 yrs after no one in the acctual mission has called it fake. I dont see any reason how it could be fake other than these few weak arguments which dont even prove it as fake.

5. #5 redhat11, May 5, 2010
    The astronauts lucked out and missed the big solar flares. The amount of radiation they were exposed to is actually the same amount the US limits radiation workers to each year.

All of these conspiracy theories can be answered by having an understanding of basic science

6. I've seen all those videos before too but this one is really good, it brings up how this guy (an astronaut i think) was kill right after he testified before the grand jurry that they were planning to fake the moon landing. Also there were 3 astronauts that were planning on telling everyone it was fake but they were killed when a training shuttle burst into flames, they investigated the fire and to this day no one knows what caused it.

All these thing were brought up in the video and im not sure how true they are but its something to take into consideration.

There is a lot of things that just don't make sense, like how there are no stars in the background of any moon footage/pictures and in the dark on the moon temperatures can drop to -250 F and in the sun they can get up to 250 F, so how did there suits protect them? Also if you look at the pictures taken on the moon in a few of them you can see the the crosses (the ones on the camera lens) behind objects on the moon.

I know you guys probably don't want to waste your time watching this video but you really should because it has a lot of things (a lot more then i have posted about) that almost prove without a doubt that this didn't really happen or at least shows how incredibly easy it would have been. Also i would like to see if some of the people here can disprove this stuff as i do don't know enough about space and its workings to do so myself.

7. The spacecraft moved through the belts in about four hours, and the astronauts were protected from the ionizing radiation by the aluminium hulls of the spacecraft. In addition, the orbital transfer trajectory from the Earth to the Moon through the belts was selected to minimize radiation exposure. Even Dr. James Van Allen, the discoverer of the Van Allen radiation belts, rebutted the claims that radiation levels were too dangerous for the Apollo missions. Plait cited an average dose of less than 1 rem, which is equivalent to the ambient radiation received by living at sea level for three years. The spacecraft passed through the intense inner belt and the low-energy outer belt. The astronauts were mostly shielded from the radiation by the spacecraft. The total radiation received on the trip was about the same as allowed for workers in the nuclear energy field for a year.

Clavius: Environment - radiation and the van allen belts

8. #8 redhat11, May 5, 2010

Crosshairs - Overexposure causes white objects to bleed into the black areas on the film

Stars - Cameras were set for daylight exposure, and could not detect the faint points of light

Temperature - The EVA's were done when the Sun was low, making the temperature's quite moderate. The Spacesuits are heavily insulated and covered with reflective outer layers. The Suits also had internal heaters and cooling systems, along with liquid heat exchange pumps

I'm not going to get into the Apollo 1 fire, that accident almost cost us the Apollo program. It's a insult to claim they were killed by NASA

Also, more than 400,000 people worked on the Apollo program. It would of been easier to go to the moon than to attempt to fake it with all those witnesses

9. look at the moon with a telascope, a strong one, with the one i have, i can see footprints, did they fake that too???

10. [​IMG]

The Japanese photographed some of the landing sites also

11. #11 David5534, May 5, 2010
    Well i guess that settles that, thanks for the info guys.

Hahaha to bad the Hubble telescope couldn't even see the foot prints from earth but nice try.

12. You also need to think that this was a race against the Soviets. Don't you think if it was a hoax they would of said something about it?

13. Exactly, back then everyone thought the nation to win the space race would be the one to win the cold war and with a 40 billion dollar budget it would be easy enough to fake it.

14. Okay, but it wasn't.

The End.

15. Why use the same amount of money to fake it whn you can use that money to actually do it. And look about 4 post up there are pictures of nasa equipment on the moon. 400,000 people and not one person said anything.

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wym04J_3Ls0]YouTube - Mythbusters Moon Landing photo hoax 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfKItI-cHPM]YouTube - Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 2 HQ[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOv_zvM-oJQ]YouTube - Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 3 HQ[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCNV1hiKpLI]YouTube - Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 4 HQ[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dTATMEJSuQ]YouTube - Mythbusters Moon Landing Hoax 5 HQ[/ame]

17. I've seen that episode and it only covers the basic myths people have been talking about since the 80s.

Why, because of money, it probably wouldn't even take millions to fake the moon landing in a tv studio, plus NASA is compartmentalized and not to many people got to see the whole picture so that means someones getting a whole boat load of money and making the American people happy. And yes i saw that picture and commented on it.
    I know i said that in my previous post.

18. Not quite, majority of project Apollo was contracted to outside companies. NASA didn't develop the LM or the CSM, outside sources did - Grumman Aircraft Engineering Corporation and North American Aviation

19. Sorry i worded that poorly, what i meant was if they did fake the moon landing the only people who would know are the astronauts and the people who organized it. You should check out the movie Capricorn One, its a movie about NASA faking a mission to mars, its based around the conspiracy theorys surrounding the moon landing and is a very good movie.

20. #20 redhat11, May 5, 2010
    I might check it out someday. You should check out "For All Mankind", it's so tight. It's on youtube but it's poor quality, Netflix Instant Play deal has it in HD.

Actually don't even attempt to watch it on youtube, the horrible quality ruins the whole thing
    edit: I see youtube has it in 480p, I'm gonna check it out and see if it's any better