Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did we burn it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Amped, May 15, 2010.

1. Me and my friends made firecrackers and put it 335 F for 23 minutes, a little less then the official guide here on grasscity. This is what the end product was like:

Attached Files:

2. #2 Blunt, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    We have an entire section with wonderful chefs and recipes here. The Firecracker tutorial is here so you can see where you went wrong, if you did at all.

3. lower tempature....355 is high sometimes depending on the oven

4. If it's still edible, it'll get you high.

5. I followed the guide, just lowered the temp cause its at 350 on the guide for 25 min and i changed it to 335 for 23 min

6. 320F will do it.

7. one hour has passed and i am kind of feeling a little buzz, but my friend doesnt feel anything at all. Is this normal?

8. Yep, you burned it. But it'll still get you high, just taste horrible in the process.

9. this thread is in the wrong place

10. Yep .

11. Yeah did get me high, but not as high as i would have expected. I never got any higher then if i would have smoked the same amount :eek: At least i think

12. That is hot enough to boil off the THC.

EDIT: The actual boiling point is 390ish but anything above 300 starts to evaporate it away.

13. Just let them sit for a day or two....fuck putting them in the oven.

14. Heating them to around 220 serves to decarboxylate the THC. If you're not going to cook them let them sit for at least a week.

15. Why does the stickied fire cracker guide say Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (176.66666666666669 Celsius for you damned Canadians) while you do your ingredients.

And it says put it in for 20-25 minutes :( ! Can you tell me what the perfect temperature and how long i should put it in for next time

16. A week? why would it take a week for most of the THC to absorb into the fats of the peanut butter...

17. Because without heat it will take at least that long to decarboxylate. Most of the THC in bud is the acid form, THC-A. When it loses a carboxyl group (COOH) it becomes delta-9 THC, the stuff that gets you high.

Some is decarboxylated during drying and curing, but most of it happens with it's heated to vape, smoke, or cook it.

Making an edible is about a lot more than extracting the cannabinoids into fat.

18. Yeah, I really don't know much about the process so I'll take your word, you seem pretty educated on the topic.

19. So is there a perfect temperature?

20. Im wondering what temp to put it in for also... the official stickied guide here says 350 and that burns it, other guides say 280, some say 320, etc. :\