Did the Federal Government just legalize Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Aug 31, 2013.

1. #1 Tripace, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
    http://benswann.com/breaking-did-the-federal-government-just-legalize-marijuana/

When asked if the federal government just essentially legalized marijuana Maharrey responded:
    “The announcement makes it clear the feds have no will to fight the states on weed. They can call it an “illegal drug” all they want, but if they can't, or won't, stop people from using marijuana, their “law” means nothing.”
    The recent surge in nullification has sent states fighting against the federal government on pot use. It would seem that the federal government just gave up. A major victory for the states- no doubt.
    </blockquote> 

Hmmmmmm, :bongin:

Actually, when you think about it, this simply puts it the way it's supposed to be. The Federal Government doesn't have the power to enforce their marijuana laws, because the Constitution trumps them

2. #2 Johnny Cash, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
    "As long as the drug is kept away from the black market"

Damn racists. :p

3. Sounds like a positive for us, but I wouldn't spark up outside the Police Station just yet.

4. Well shit, now they just need to change it from a schedule I drug.

Wonder if this will get media attention...

5. Let's do it baby.  Time to pack another bowl.

6. this is just for the states who have already legalized though, right? meaning no more dispensary raids, or busting growers in legal states?

7. wait is this true

8.  basically sums it up

yes

9. read the comments on that page

10. Yeah, no.. the government just knows when to step out of the way when something can come back to bite them in the ass.. there's a big difference but still a step in the right direction. .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Did any of you read the literature?
    Theyre allowing the states to vote on it now.
    This is a nationwide thing.
    Go look up the recent changes in policy for other east coast states.
    We'll have legal weed soon enough.

12. I better keep my weed in my stash can still down here tho huh?

13. Where's dr. sheldon when you need him

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. In a nutshell it is saying that the States can decide their own pot laws. Basically so many States are passing MMJ and then CO and WA passing legal weed. The Feds know the trend that is going to follow just as States followed CA with MMJ. It is a costly loosing battle for the Feds so they are re prioritizing it.

15. Does this mean anything at all for florida?

16. There is national law and state law...according to status quo interpretation, national law trumps state law, thus federal laws against pot have screwed over states who wanted legalization of medical/recreational. This is simple saying that the federal government will 'allow' states to make their own laws on the matter, without interfering. This is really the way it's supposed to be constitutionally, but a good step for them to publically state that.

17. Lol yes this doesn't really mean they're legalizing it they're just getting their head out their ass and respecting the bill of rights

18. Do you like smoking weed in Harrisburg?