Did that just fucking happen????

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by smoke blunts, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Hey GC,

My grandfather had a mini heart attack about a week ago and went to the hospital, where they found he has pneumonia. Because of the increased kidney stress due to the lung/heart problems, his kidneys failed and it was looking like he was going to pass.

I decided to take the ride down to the Cape to see him in the hospital for obvious reasons. My girl and I smoked a few packs when we got on the road (I wanted to be high for the ride, but not so much when I saw him). So we go another 45 mins or so after smoking and finally arrive.

I obviously covered up the smell and everything to keep my family from knowing what was going on. I get there, and my grandfather was unconscious and on a bunch of machines. My grandma and cousin were there, but no one else was because they mostly came the first/second day (I didn't have the chance).

While there, everything was going good. Then I had to burp. So obviously I burp under my breath and turn to breathe out into the corner of the room (who burps in people's faces?). Well when I breathe out, a cloud of smoke pours into the corner of the room. I stood there dumbfounded like DID THAT JUST FUCKING HAPPEN????

Just thought it was humorous. It's happened before but never that long after smoking and never in such a situation. By the way, Grandpa's doing OK right now and "holding his own." He's shown some progress but not a ton, so we're really in a waiting phase right now.

2. It's happened to me over a half hour after smoking in the past when I was much less experienced. I believe it happens when you accidentally swallow while inhaling, so as long as you make sure that reflex doesn't happen, you're golden. At first, I had a hard time controlling it and just inhaling...lol.
    Swallowing smoke isn't great for you, it can make you feel pretty sick, so you're lucky you weren't throwing up, at least.

3. Yeah swallowing it makes sense for why it happens, but I'm not sure how I swallowed it. But hey, when I'm cruising the bub in my truck it's a lot more difficult than my old car since the truck doesn't keep its direction well, whereas the car stayed pretty straight when I let go of the wheel. So I suck that smoke down extra hard so I can hit it quick and continue to drive, so maybe that's what caused it.

It's happened maybe 5-6 times in my smoking career, so like I said it almost never happens. But it was hilarious that it happened at that exact moment. I must have had the most horrified look on my face when I turned to see if my relatives saw.

4. Being under a lot of stress makes you more likely to swallow air, swallowing air when you smoke means swallowing smoke. Next time,you could try chewing gum, sometimes that helps.

Glad your grandpa is recovering!

5. It must've looked something like this. [​IMG]

6. Wow..what an image. Btw, in my original post, I forgot to say that I hope your grandpa comes out of his mini attack fine and recovers soon!

7. haha that happened to me in a college class once (intro to criminal justice)...like everyday i used to be late and high (long story) and one day i came in like 10 minutes late and like 2 minutes later i burped up smoke and i was in the 2nd row in the class so a lot of people saw it...but i was stoned so i just sat there for the whole class and played it off like nothing happened

8. Once back in high school I hot boxed my car before first period math. About halfway through class I burped and this huge cloud came out. It floated up and just hung around the lights on the ceiling. Meanwhile I'm high as shit just flapping my coat at it. Haha good times.

9. never happened to me and i've been smoking about 3 years.. it sure would be inconvenient to randomly burp smoke.. i always blaze before work lol

but my prayers go out to your family. i know how hard it is. this next bowl is for your grandpa

10. Im glad your Gpa is doing better i wish him luck. Ya that has happened to me before. My first time doing knifers with my cousin we were both playing cards and he goes to talk and burps and BLAM out comes a giant cloud of smoke we both about died loling.

11. sounds so damn funny, never seen it happen and never had it happen to me, ive never swallowed smoke i dont think. im good 8)

12. i used to do that all the time, id always know it was coming though so id just burp and inhale it. and get another hit. ive had it happen i think as long as 2 hours after smoking

oh and thats nice about your g-pa gettin better

13. i have definitely walked in the house after smoking with some friends and burped a nice cloud of smoke in the kitchen looking for some food next to my dad :p

14. looked like what now?

15. [​IMG]

16. Never happened to me but it sounds pretty cool.. lol

Hope your grandpa gets better soon, my prayers go out to you.

17. Done this same thing OP, its when you let the smoke into your stomach and not your lungs.

Anyways my story is I was eating dinner with family after smoking, Everyone is eating dinner and I burp, haha well you know what happens, and thats how my rents found out I smoke.

18. out of all the times ive heard of people burping up smoke at inopportune times, i think this is the first time ive heard of someone getting caught

19. damnnn, health to your grandpa. mine just got out of the hospital, he passed out on christmas :( and had to be rushed to er