Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did Prop 64 Decriminalize Weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CaliSmokez, Nov 10, 2016.

1. I'm glad it passed but I couldn't find a source that said they completely decriminalized weed. Say if an 18-21 year old was caught with bud would they be arrested? I

2. if your under 21 it's still illegal and the punishments are the same as they were is my understanding of it but no one will probably give you trouble if your smokin in your house.

3. Dude, I live in Fresno, you can chief walking down the street pretty much.

Only ones that trip are mayberry ass clovis pd

• Like Like x 2
  4. 18-20 yo will have varying levels of misdemeanors for possession, and after I think 3, or if there's intent to distribute, you get 6 months in jail. I don't think there's any punishment greater than 6 months jail time. No more prison, if remember correctly (it used to be 2 years prison time)

There may also be drug education and community service.

5. Dude you live in fucking California weed has been like a $50 ticket there for years. There is no such thing as felony possession either, unless they can prove you were distributing.

6. #6 dabs710, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    If you're under 21 you can still get a med card.

If you get caught smoking weed, smoking hash, or growing without a med card it is a $100 fine infraction (under 21). That is the same or a strong improvement from before.

Getting caught growing and selling is no longer an automatic felony. Cultivation of 1 plant without a med card was a straight felony before. Same as selling. If you illegally sell or grow more than 3 times it becomes a felony. What this means is tons of people are going to be applying to not become felons anymore.

The Prop 215 MMJ rules are still alive, so nothing has become worse. Don't listen to the fearmongering.

If you're 21+ with no med card you can possess marijuana, hash, grow 6 plants (that cities can't ban like they did before) and collect ALL the proceeds (meaning if you yield 10 pounds throughout the year you get to keep it). Public smoking is a $100 minuscule fine. That includes taking a dab in public. If you got caught taking a dab in public before this law, they would usually haul your ass straight to jail.

Smoking any amount of hash was a straight misdemeanor before with up to a year in jail. Little did people realize that passing your friend a dab or an edible with no money involved was a straight sales felony before this law.

I have nothing to worry about with the open container law because I never smoke pot while I'm driving and I'm a medical user, who can be responsible enough to not get high while I'm operating a vehicle on a public street.

• Like Like x 2
  7. It's a big problem for me, because medicating while driving is part of my medicinal program. My incident rate on the roads has gone down considerably! And I'm not alone. I know someone who went from multiple accidents in a year to not a single one for the last five, because they started toking and driving.

Some say stoned, I say medicated. Doesn't mean I'm incapable of operating a motor vehicle! So, I might get off on a DUI charge, but not the open container. Which sucks, because it really does make everyone around me safer when I toke and drive.

8. I'm honestly curious how you think it's safe to toke while driving when even someone like me who can down a gram of nug run oil a day if I could (I very rarely do that) and I think the moment you do something like take a fat dab WHILE you're moving around is unsafe. That few seconds to a couple minutes of light headedness and disorientation you get isn't safe for most people while driving. I'm not doubting you are one of those people who feels better and can easily smoke snaps out of your bowl while you're driving, but this is not something we should encourage because the public is never going to buy into it. Ever. The fine is the best you will get in this scenario. It beats an automatic DUI like they have in other states by an incomparable longshot.

9. Pretty sad you need to rely on weed to not suck at driving

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's not hard to pull over and smoke if you have to also or find somewhere to smoke. Ideally under this new law there will be pot bars to smoke at too, so...

11. It's pretty sad you can smoke so much weed and still be such a tool.

12. You guys really don't understand the point of medicine do you?

13. I honestly hope the new legalization laws with time eventually remove a lot of the illegal drug culture that is entrenched into marijuana.

14. It's illegal to use intoxicating medicines and drive too. Call an uber or stay at home, or sober up. I have lupus and I'm responsible enough to not do this.

15. Get educated. It's medicine. Sorry you feel you need to control other people's lives with the things they decide to do, but I'm gonna continue to fight for my right to live the best life for myself, AND society by staying medicated, despite your despotic ego.

16. Your arrogance may land you in jail for a DUI. Even stoners here are disagreeing with you.

17. Oh we do. But the way you call it medicine sounds like you are in denial you have an issue. It's not stoned driving I have an issue with everybody here is guilty of that. Hell, I understand you can drive perfectly fine high when you have a tolerance.

But you start talking about how you need to get high to drive better.. sounds like you just suck dick at driving