Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did my weed just go bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ali20, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Last night the rents started tripping saying there was weed smell when i didn't even bun yet so I put one of those clorox disinfecting wipes in my stash (the stash was in another small ziploc), i know there not dryer sheets but they smelled ok and i thought it'd work, it did work but major probelm, I just took a hit from ma weed and i started coughing like shit and i tasted some chemicals and not the weed (and this weed is really good) I smelled the ziploc and it kind of smells like the clorox, is my weed bad now since the clorox chemical are pretty much over it or am i safe because the stash was in another zip and im just paranoid?

2. paranoid, probably. unless the moisture got in there, then youre fucked

3. Uh id be careful but probably just paranoid

4. Keep it in a jar next time. Plastic absorbs all kinds of stuff. Air it out and see what it smells like after.

5. Your weed still might be alright, take the nugs out of the jar and see how they smell, inspect them to see if they absorbed any moisture too. If they look and smell normal, smoke on. If you smell hints of the chemicals even after separating the nugs from the bag/jar I wouldn't smoke them.

6. The weed smells like weed, it was the bag so I switched bags and the weed is fine, but I just smoked that weed and it def didn't taste like weed and I'm not high.

7. I don't see how anything coming in contact with your bud would reduce the potency... are you sure you're not just paranoid? If you're really this sketched out about it don't smoke anymore..

8. It didn't even come in contact, the bud was in the another zip loc and I put the wipe in another ziploc where everything the bud is double packed.

9. Alcohol might have absorbed the THC.

I don't know, just a suggestion.
    I wouldn't have smoked it, I wouldn't have put nasty shit in it either, lol.

Just put it in a jar...

10. Is these any way to be sure before I call me dealer to pickup new bud? I had a joint rolled and I just went outside and lit it up but it burned like crazy and the whole joint was ashed and I almost burned my fingers, so does this mean there were chemicals because joints never burn this bad.

11. Was it like that before this happened or did you not have a chance to try it first? Maybe it was crappy from the git. Either way, it sounds like you are not happy with it. Get some new stuff and PUT IT IN A JAR!!

Hang onto the old stuff and air it out; try it later.

12. Get a mason jar

13. No, this was aaa kush, the thing is i live the parents and i take my zip loc bag with me and hide it by under my bed, i wouldnt be able to do that with a jar ya know.

14. Just toss it. Plastic bags are still porous, that means it has small holes. You had essentially bleach very close to your weed seperated by <2mm of plastic. I would never ever wanna smoke bleach....

15. Thanks, yeah I just threw it out and called me dealers, my small pipe was in that same zip, I'll be honest I tasted some weird chemical from the pipe end as well and it kind of smelt like it too, will my hits be ok or is the pipe bad too now?

16. Bleach is sodium hypochlorite. It is toxic and very basic. You do not want to inhale it or consume it. Just clean your pipe out with isopropyl alcohol and sea salt very well, then it should be good as new.

Just think first next time, lol. Why would you think putting a sopping wet rag that smells like death and nursing home anywhere near your weed and pipe would be a good idea. A simple google search would have told you immediately to not do that haha.

I suggest investing in a mason jar big enough to hold your spoon, and a smaller mason jar for bud. Clean your pipe every now and then and no worries from smell or from snopping parents.

17. I don't have the iopropyl alcohol or sea salth, I'd have to look for them later today, I was planning on bunning in next hour so any other ways to clean it?

I honestly thought the clorox was similar to beign a dryer sheet, had no idea it was a bleach wipe.

18. Oh, a ziplock under your bed? How cute... I can't imagine how that wouldn't hide the smell. :rolleyes:

19. Jars are the only way to hide the smell. Good Weed will always smell through a bag lol.

Think before you act next time. Lesson learned.

If you are picking up more weed stop at the local drug store and get your iso and salt for your pipe.

20. They can be purchased at most drug stores or grocery stores. It will help clean the resin out nicely too. And I did some research, there is no bleach in the Clorox wipes, but there are plenty of other chemicals that I would not want to inhale. I mean, a dryer sheet is dry, the clorox sheet was wet, wasn't it?

Plus, I would not put dryer sheets next to your weed either, they have some toxic stuff in them too that shouldnt be smoked or consumed.

Just think before trying something new man, not just with weed but everything. Just ask yourself if it's a good idea, and if you know enough about it to try it. There is no reason in this day and age that mistakes like this shouldn't be prevented, you have a ridiculous amount of information at your fingertips, take advantage of it! :smoke: