did my plant start flowering?? reveg??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SD Sensi Grower, May 22, 2009.

1. ok so i have a plant that ive been growing outdoors on my patio. it is 3 weeks old. i have been putting it out at 7am then taking them in aroung 7 or 8ish (pm).
    well it dawned on me that this is a 12 hour cycle, and i know that indoor growers use 12/12 to induce flowering.

well anyways on my plant, there is this bulb thing in the very top where all the leaves first come out of, like at the very top of the stalk. it has lots of white hairs growing on it and around it. when i smell it, it reeks like marijuana. lol
    i am pretty sure that this is the very start of flowering. but my plant is only 3 weeks old and i dont want it to flower yet. i want it to veg more.\
    if it is, in fact, flowering, ive heard of people putting their plants back into veg cycle after they are already flowering....
    is this true or possible?

ok, so
    1st off, do you think that this is flowering?

2nd, can/should i put it back into veg?

i want it to veg lots and produce lots of buds..

can anyone please help me???

thanks.

2. Not speaking from experience here, but I think you could take it inside and put it under a light 24/0 and veg it for a while to get it nice and big. You'll of course need a good light for it, either several 6500k cfl's or a MH or some floro tubes also 6500k.

3. yea.
    well i dont want to, and cant really grow indoors.

i was thinking about just stopping taking it in at 7 and leave it out all day and all night.

would that take it out of flowering and back into veg?

4. Oh yeah. Duh. I don't have experience growing outside, I'm sure someone else can chime in and help you out.

But yeah, my thought is it would be fine. It may take the plant a while to revert back to vegetative growth, but I'm just going on what I've read, not actual experience. Hopefully someone who actually knows can let us know :)

5. all right yea thanks.

i just dont understand how like it can change from flower back to veg and such. but whatever.

i will leave it out over night from now on.

6. any one else got some advice??

7. Yea sounds to me like its flowering. Btbr is correct, it takes a flowering plant a few weeks to go back to the veg cycle, and its alright to take a flowering plant and induce vegging again it wont kill it or anything lol.

If you live somewhere the suns 12/12 and leave your plants out they will still flower, is that what you mean? Just bring em in and put em on 24/0 and they will reveg, 18/6 will work as well.

8. Don't do this, the longer a plant flowers the longer and more stressful it is for the plant to reveg.

Its pretty simple SD Sensi Grower, MJ, like most plants, responds to the amount of sunlight they recieve. So when a plant is getting say 18/6, thats to say 18 hours of light and 6 hours of dark, its telling the plant its spring. Spring is when plants are in the veg cycle. This simply means a plant grows as big as it can as fast as it can. When your plant starts getting 12/12 its telling them winter is coming and its fixing to start freezing and its time to flower and start making seeds so they grow next year. So the hours of sunlight correspond to the seaons. By giving a flowering plant say 18/6 its telling the plant HEY! guess what its not fall anymore its spring and winter aint coming so start focusing growth on getting bigger and no more flowers or seeds. Lol thats the simple version, its really more complex then that but the underling theory is till the same. Hope that kinda helps you out.

9. thank you.
    yea i understand the whole thing already.

but i cant and dont want to indoor grow. it stays light till like 8:30 or so and it is light out by like 5:45 am.

i only take it in at 7 cuz thats when the sun sets and there is no more dirrect sun on them.

but i was thinking that if i leave it out, than it will be light for the plant for like a good 15 hours now instead of the 12 i was giving it...

that should work right?

thanks.

10. Ive never tried revegging a flowering plant with so few hours of light, its recommonded that you use an 18/6 but like I said Ive never tried a 15/14 so I wouldn't know for sure if its going to work sorry. May I ask why you can't grow indoors?

11. well yes you may ask. no problems man.

i cant cuz i dont have the right lights, and i dont want to spend money cuz i really cant right now.

also, im living with my parrents still :/ and it would be extremely to grow indoors. i have a patio on my room that is perfect for growing.
    they think it is just an herb.

but on top of that, i really would rather not grow indoors. i like the more el natural aproach.

i think im gunna just leave them out and see what happens. if it continues to flower, it does and i will get bud either way.

thanks for all your help though greenman, your really helpful.

12. Yea np SD Sensi Grower I love helping out other people trying to grow the herb.

Im growing indoors right now, and I live with my parents as well. I only spent like $30 bucks on my bulbs, fixtures, and spilters which isnt bad, growing with cfls is very cheap.

I can understand your concern, I always find the need to test my boundries though lol. Its risky any way you look at it, once your plant gets a little bigger almost anyone who has never seen a pot plant before will see it and know what it is. So if you keep it on your patio all the way till the end your parents will be able to tell what it is.

No matter the outcome of your grow SD Sensi grower remember that knowledge is priceless, and everything you learn will help you in future grows. Green growing brother, peace :bongin:

13. yea well i dont got a lot on money to throw around right now. and either way it is gunna grow and be.

your prolly the coolest guy ive ever met on her.
    thank you.

14. One more thing lol, keep me updated on how your grow goes SD Sensi Grower I look foward to seeing your results, if you have any other questions down the line feel free to toss me a shout.

15. all right i will. ive got a lot of pictures and stuff.

i can put them on here every now and then.

16. Lol if it makes you feel better Ill post some of my mine friday afternoon. I just really like comparing my results to that of others.

17. yea i know what you mean.

how old are yours?

18. Hmmm I have a few at almost a month and a half and 2 that sprouted on 4/20.

19. yea there is no way that you can put it back into veg cycle unless you bring it back inside and put in under lights for like 24/0 or w/e..

you will just have to hope you get a good yield out of it.

What is the strain, is it an autoflowering?

*EDIT* 100TH POST!!

20. The Green Man.. that sounds good. are they in flower yet?

and bassknocker.. yea well i can only hope. its still really small so idk. i will hope and see if it goes back into veg.