Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Did my friend short me?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by beelz, Dec 31, 2012.

1. At a glance i thought it said "Did my friend shoot me?" this is much less interesting

2. The guy should have at least tried to make it look like 1 gram.

3. You're not taking into account that prices vary greatly depending on location.

What costs you $20 in Washington might cost him $50 or $80 or even $100 if it's a particularly bad area.

Being "ripped off" to you might be a fantastic deal in other locations.

4. no. i'm taking it into consideration. i don't think anything in the states should cost more than $20 a gram. it'd make no sense.

5. definitly not a full g

6. First off don't buy weed already ground up.. people can put oregano an shit in there. He shorted you, call him out on it and don't buy from him again. Problem solved

7. Why would that make no sense? Just because the west coast gets plenty of great weed doesn't mean the east coast, or middle America gets the same deals.

Looking at priceofweed.com, you can see that an ounce of weed in Oregon averages at about 220, whereas an ounce of weed in South Dakota (for instance) averages about 420. That's a $200 difference on just an ounce.

$420 an ounce equals $15 a gram, but of course there is a discount for quantity so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see prices of $20 a gram in an area like that.

New Jersey (where OP is located) seems to average at about $370 for an ounce of high quality, but we also have to take into account that maybe OP hasn't been smoking long enough to make good connections.

Anyway, I guess all I'm saying is that I think it's stupid to call someones deal a "ripoff" unless you live in their area and have experience with better prices from multiple sources.

8. man this happens all the time with more new smokers. I'm willing to start a coalition to stop the skimpness . . .

9. i understand what you're saying. but i stated $20 a gram. you even said for a $420 OZ that'd be $15 a gram.
    anyone paying more than $20 for a gram in the states should find a new hookup. they're getting ripped.
    i know prices are way different. i'm lucky to get stuff really cheap.
    but no matter where i lived, i would not buy that sack. hahah.

10. Yes, I said $420 an ounce equals $15 a gram, but that's not taking into account the discount for buying quantity.

If you're paying $15 for a gram of weed, you aren't going to be paying $420 an ounce because you're going to get a discount for buying in quantity. Many people saying that their average price for an ounce is $420 means that the price of a gram is going to be higher than $15. $20 a gram does not seem surprising there.

11. so what are we really discussing? if you agree with me that paying more than $20 for a gram would be bad.
    seems like we're really on the same page man. haha. :)

12. I agree that paying $20 for a gram would be bad out here where both you and I are located, in the PNW. :p

But we're not in New Jersey, and the prices and quality in his area may be particularly bad. I don't think either of us can say whether he got a bad deal or not, because we haven't experienced the prices and quality in his area.

13. and if those were the only deals i could find, you know i'd be growing. aha.
    that's so much money.
    i get like $10 a gram and it hurts. hahah.

14. Not everyone can grow though. Some of us just don't have the space, money, or time. I, for one, am severely lacking in all three. :laughing:

15. #35 lFourTwenty, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
    20 bucks for half a gram of mids..you're crazy.

16. Your friend fucked you hard man

17. 0.5g mids for $20.

Next time, pay your guy after you get the weed.

18. I think I just gave in considering the consequences. I already smoked some and it actually was great.

Edit: again I think I actually gave in becuz I'm not a new smoker nd normally I wouldnt but considering the consequences... fuck now I'm drunl

19. You didnt even get any nugs. Even if that was 1g I would pissed its shake.

20. Got jipped, it happens.

If you're lucky he'll come through on that other bag. Probably not though.