Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

did my dealer rip me off?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by THCdelta, Nov 13, 2012.

1. alright I need your guys' opinion on this
    so last Friday I was buying a quarter oz from a new dealer that I was hooked up through one of my friends. the dealer insisted that I pay him BEFORE he could give me the product because he said he had to use my money to go pick it up. next thing you know I get a text saying he's been arrested blah blah blah. but then today I texted him and he said he just got out and he said he would be getting my stuff to me soon...so it he a really trustworthy dealer or a really convincing liar

2. Yes, most likely.

3. You done got played.

Rule 1: don't give strangers money.

4. You learned two things: Never front money. Never use dealers that need YOUR money to buy the actual product.

5. Yeah man , I would say so. Don't pay unless you're getting it upfront. Are you sure he got arrested? Get your bud whens he gets out

6. [quote name='"McSoap"']Yeah man , I would say so. Don't pay unless you're getting it upfront. Are you sure he got arrested? Get your bud whens he gets out[/quote]

I'm not sure he got arrested but according to him and my friend he did. plus he keeps promising to get me my stuff as soon as possible. why would someone who stole my money say that when the already have it?

7. Ok, I don't think he ripped you off per sè. But I think it's dumb to front money, and you shouldn't use this guy again. If he doesn't pay up, then yes, you were ripped off.

8. i swear i used that same excuse!!!
    "oh yea ill go pick up weed for you" an hour later "awww shit man i got robbed!!!"

i dont do that shit anymore, its just dirty and ifeel guilty now...

but yea you for sure got ripped
    NEVER FRONT MONEY
    and if he needs your money to get it... HES NOT A DEALER

9. [quote name='"010010ryan"']
    and if he needs your money to get it... HES NOT A DEALER[/quote]

^ This. OP, if he's a real dealer he wouldn't be dry to the point where he needs you to front the money so he can make the pick up. He's probably trying to play you for a sucker. Good luck . Hopefully you get your shit man

10. What way too many people don't understand, is A LOT of us do not have the choice whether or not to front cash! Its either you front cash, somehow find yourself an actual dealer (magically?), or don't smoke at all. Until we graduate Hogwarts, I guess we'll keep frontin'.

11. [quote name='"THCdelta"']

I'm not sure he got arrested but according to him and my friend he did. plus he keeps promising to get me my stuff as soon as possible. why would someone who stole my money say that when the already have it?[/quote]

he doesnt have it or if he did hes not giving it to you... hes promising to give it as a lie hes not just gonna say nothing because that would be to obvious.. summing things up , you got jacked

12. A dealer is someone who you buy weed from, other words: Hand them money, hand you weed.
    I'm sure they have their supplier though, but

This person is going to get weed from an actual dealer, since there picking up such a small amount. In other words this is a middle man.

Conclusion sounds like a typical high school situation.

13. He didn't get arrested man... Your money's gone.

14. I'm in the same situation, I always go through a middle man. I've been doing it for months and I've never had any problems, mostly because I have good friends and their dealers aren't pieces of shit. I feel for you OP, but it looks like your money got taken.

Ask him for specifics on why he got arrested, when's court etc, I bet he won't be able to provide them and he'll get angry when you ask.

15. [quote name='"MangledChipmunk"']

I'm in the same situation, I always go through a middle man. I've been doing it for months and I've never had any problems, mostly because I have good friends and their dealers aren't pieces of shit. I feel for you OP, but it looks like your money got taken.

Ask him for specifics on why he got arrested, when's court etc, I bet he won't be able to provide them and he'll get angry when you ask.[/quote]

yeah I'm not gona ask him anything else but supposedly he got caught wit a lot of unmentionables and my weed. but he was bailed
    out and has a court hearing sometime soon. ill just see what happens in terms of my money

16. 1 thing i learned on the forum and real life experiences...

NEVER EVER FRONT MONEY

17. Agreed - Not a dealer.
    Just some middleman at most, if he needs your money to go and get product. You'd either be taxed or if he's one of the "more honest" ones he'll use your money, add a little on top and take the better end of what he picks up.
    OR, he's a complete rip-off merchant.
    ...that your friend backs up his story might lead to a disappointing reality there too.

18. I might just be saying this because I'm super high, but I think you'll get what you payed for OP.

19. He sounds more like a middleman than a dealer, but the thing with a middleman is that you need to trust them to get the product from the dealer to you. This guy doesn't sound very trustworthy.

20. How is he a dealer if he needs your money to reload, that alone would have alarm bells ringing. Hope you get whats yours bro but dont hold your breath.